Temperature heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
My PC was frequently hitting 60 degrees under load and nothing I did seemed to help.
I recently got a new graphics card. It worked fine while gaming but when I booted my PC the display was flickering until windows loaded.
I found that I needed a BIOS upgrade to fully support the new graphics card. I did it and while the display dosen't flicker anymore, look at the effect it had on the temperature.

*img226.imageshack.us/img226/3759/temp1kt.th.jpg

Can a BIOS upgrade have such an effect on the temperature or was the previous BIOS simply not reporting the temp properly? How do you explain that?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Sometimes, some BIOS can behave erratically... I have an update for my BIOS currently, but when i install it, my VID increases dramatically and the CPU overheats and shuts down! Dunno why but it does not supply correct VID. Maybe your previous one was doing the same for you.. I really dont think it would report bogus tempratures..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
this is definately the bios reading the temp wrong

chk the manufactures site and put it up in there forum/helpdesk

shovik

Banned
Yeah the bios is giving faulty reading.
Firstly, if the cpu fan spins with 1350 RPM then your CPU is sure to burn out, but yours is working fine.
Secondly, except under the effect of liquid cooling the processor can't give so low temperatures reading.

Check your BIOS settings, and go for technical expert in your locality if you can, before something drastic happens to your rig.

Regards,
Shovik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom