TATA Harrier

jhatwo

Right off the assembly line
TATA Harrier is the flagship SUV of this company currently.Its TATA's Entry into the midrange segment of SUVs.

Full review

It will be priced approx 15 Lakhs.

According to their claims its built on Omega architechture. Omega architecture has been jointly developed by Tata Motors and Jaguar Land Rover.

Specifications

No Of Cylinder: 4
Power for 5-Seater 140 bhp
Power for 7-Seater 170 bhp
Gear Box 6-Speed MT/AMT
Fuel Type: Diesel

sling-shot

In the zone
I am liking Harrier. But no money to buy. If I had money I would go for the 7 seater variant when launched.

nsnitinsinha

Right off the assembly line
I totally disagree with the author here. Tata Harrier is built on a Range Rover platform and offers cutting-edge in terms of handling, suspension, steering, and interiors. On top of that, if you go by just the exterior design of the car, it offers one of the most futuristic designs in the Indian auto market that is not going to age for the next 10 years at least. And considering frequent updates from automakers, it is only going to evolve better over the years. I am anxiously waiting for the 7-seater variant. I Hope, they don't screw with the dimensions and interiors of the car. Ever since the sunroof variants of the car were launched, rc registration of the model has increased manifolds especially in the northern part of India where roads are bad and people prefer SUVs over regular cars.