Tablet under 30k

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi,

Please suggest the best tab under 30k.

Primary preference, magnetic keyboard attachment with a pen.

Regards.

For something affordable, Samsung S6 lite, for the best experience, iPad 7th/8th gen.

The iPad has a better display, processor & app support (apps are better optimized for tablets compared to android), but comes with negatives of being an Apple device. S6 lite is cheaper & comes with a stylus in the box.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
For something affordable, Samsung S6 lite, for the best experience, iPad 7th/8th gen.

The iPad has a better display, processor & app support (apps are better optimized for tablets compared to android), but comes with negatives of being an Apple device. S6 lite is cheaper & comes with a stylus in the box.
Thanks for the quick reply.

What are the options to attach a keyboard with S6 lite.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
I have a wifi at home and would be carrying the tab with my phone (can use mobile hotspot). So according to me wifi variant is ok for me?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have a wifi at home and would be carrying the tab with my phone (can use mobile hotspot). So according to me wifi variant is ok for me?

Go for WiFi. Get Sim only if you will have to take calls and use it outstation. If you have Phone hotspot, you can pair with that

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
BtW just came to know S6 lite does not have the DEX mode.....

Deal breaker for me, as i need to work in word n excel as well

Is Samsung S5E better than S6 lite?
Hardware-wise, yes. Its major con would be 1 year old android OS out of the box & android 11 might be its last update. But much better display (AMOLED) & faster processor makes it worth it, there are other smaller advantages as well.
Compare Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite vs. Apple iPad 10.2 (2020) - GSMArena.com

What's its cost?

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
It's available on Reliance Digital in 33,000 and around 31,000 post discount.

But yes, screen is not a major issue for me. And it does not support a S-Pen.

And regarding Samsung DEX, I hope we can use a third party software for the desktop effect.

And S5E is older as well.

It's available on Reliance Digital in 33,000 and around 31,000 post discount.

But yes, screen is not a major issue for me. And it does not support a S-Pen.

And regarding Samsung DEX, I hope we can use a third party software for the desktop effect.

And S5E is older as well.
Not sure of DEX or S pen, check reviews. AMOLED is a big upgrade over LCD panel, in this case a TFT of S6 lite, not to forget the higher resolution. You look at the display all the time, so a good display does improve the experience quite a bit.

The price is good IMO.

dissel

Cyborg Agent

For desktop usage I'm stunned to discover (Accidentally) what Apple did with their iPad OS, Just connect a BT keyboard and Mouse (or any other way) and it is a Desktop machine. Most of the time I did all my Internet browsing and commenting here in Digit Forum via iPad...don't need to boot PC.

But despite that, I still not recommend iPad 8 base variant due to its pathetic 32GB storage and lack of USB Type-C...if Type-C provided opinion changed even for 32GB variant.

I do own S6 Lite but I'm not going to say anything about it - Only worked for 27 Days, Then malfunctioned - It may be the one only exceptional case.

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
For S5E - I hope you know the Wi-Fi issue,

Not sure if that thing shorted out or not later....I hope you do your research for S5E.

Top Bottom