Tablet for 20k

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Hi All,

Please suggest a tablet with 4G data for 20k. Primary usage is watching netflix, YT and surfing the web.

Would like to purchase it immediately, so would prefer Tablets that are not sold out. If there is something exceptional that is sold out, would be willing to wait. Was considering Huawei MEdiapd M5 lite, but seems to be sold out.

Thanks.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Maybe extend the budget a bit and get one iPad with cellular? Don't really recommend Android tabs to anyone

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Don't buy cheap tablets to be end up as a brick within a year.

Get from reputed brands such as Samsung, Apple

Choose from here: Samsung Tab A Series - Buy Galaxy Tab A Tablet Models | Samsung India

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Don't buy cheap tablets to be end up as a brick within a year.

Get from reputed brands such as Samsung, Apple

Choose from here: Samsung Tab A Series - Buy Galaxy Tab A Tablet Models | Samsung India
But the Samsung for 19.9K only has 2gb ram. 2gb for android in 2020, won't it start crawling in a few mnths?

Zangetsu

But the Samsung for 19.9K only has 2gb ram. 2gb for android in 2020, won't it start crawling in a few mnths?
Actually it depends on many factors.
- OS optimization
- Apps being used
- RAM management of the OS

This is a good read:

*www.androidauthority.com/how-much-ram-do-you-need-in-smartphone-2019-944920/

based on your primary usage 2GB would be fine.
"Primary usage is watching netflix, YT and surfing the web "

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
based on your primary usage 2GB would be fine.
"Primary usage is watching netflix, YT and surfing the web "
Are you saying this based on some experience with similar 2gb ram devices because from my experience even opening multiple chrome tabs is ram consuming not to mention no matter how optimized samsung OS is it will still be behind stock android.

Zangetsu

Are you saying this based on some experience with similar 2gb ram devices because from my experience even opening multiple chrome tabs is ram consuming not to mention no matter how optimized samsung OS is it will still be behind stock android.
Its obvious that multiple tabs in browser will consume more RAM. So, don't expect a smooth experience with 2GB RAM with 50+ tabs open.
The guy in the article has experimented with many apps/games which actually consumed the amount of max RAM.

There is also a RAM app (I forgot its name...I thinks its RAM truth) which gives exact RAM usage in the background which many xda devs use for experimenting.

As of now many people recommend a 4GB RAM is the sweet spot while buying.

But as per OP budget its not available that too with good quality Tabs.

Zangetsu

I'd recommend getting a phone with biggest possible screen in this budget instead of android tablet.
His requirement would be watching netflix shows on 8"+ size tablets.

I never watch any movies on my phone even shows. I bought Apple Ipad 10.5 from US in 2017 @INR 35k when it was priced @50~55k in Indian market.
Till date I never looked into small screen phones for watching movies :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its obvious that multiple tabs in browser will consume more RAM. So, don't expect a smooth experience with 2GB RAM with 50+ tabs open.
The guy in the article has experimented with many apps/games which actually consumed the amount of max RAM.
From that link:
Chrome (3 tabs open) 900MB
Finally, there are the “huge” apps, predominantly high-end games which can eat through RAM like a hungry Pac-Man. Games like Need for Speed: No Limits or PUBG Mobile can use between 800MB and 1152MB. Chrome is also in this category (with 3 tabs open).

4GB is workable, 6GB is sweet, 8GB is edging close to Nonsense land, but still falls within the sweet spot.

Now where does it say or imply that a 2gb ram device will work fine with 3 chrome tabs &/or a netflix app besides the ram that an OS needs which isn't stock android.

P.S. 50+ tabs(assuming all active) in chrome on even a pc needs at least 8gb system ram.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

His requirement would be watching netflix shows on 8"+ size tablets.

I never watch any movies on my phone even shows. I bought Apple Ipad 10.5 from US in 2017 @INR 35k when it was priced @50~55k in Indian market.
Till date I never looked into small screen phones for watching movies :)
Primary usage is watching movies and YT so a 10" is preferred. Choices are so limited when it comes to tabs.

Zangetsu

From that link:

Now where does it say or imply that a 2gb ram device will work fine with 3 chrome tabs &/or a netflix app besides the ram that an OS needs which isn't stock android.

P.S. 50+ tabs(assuming all active) in chrome on even a pc needs at least 8gb system ram.
Not everything is given in the article.
2GB will work fine with 3 tabs open and I have tested that. I am sure OP won't be doing heavy multitasking where a 4GB RAM is required or may be more.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Thank you for the help guys. Ordered the Samsung wifi only version even though it had 2 GB of ram. I guess 2 GB should be okay for netflix. Thanks again.

Top Bottom