system76's reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
System76 is a computer hardware manufacturer. Their products are all prepackaged with Ubuntu.
Each of their products carries the name of an African animal, such as Gazelle, Eland and Jackal.
Recently they switched to using 64-bit Ubuntu for their computers.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System76

*www.system76.com/

I mailed them whether they've got any plans to sell their Linux powered pcs and laptops in India.reply:
Hello, Prakash.

Thank you for your interest in system76.

Unfortunately due to the difficulty of support we do not ship outside of the Continental US and Canada. Although hardware defects are extremely rare, it is very difficult for us to fix across international borders. I apologize for any inconvenience. We do expect to ship Internationally soon once we secure local manufacturing partners and distribution partners.

-----------------------------------
Sales
sales@system76.com

Just thought of posting it here.if it is wrong place,mod pls move to the appropriate section.
Thanks!:p

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^We need companies like this coming in India,
forcing people to buy a copy of windows even though they dont need is just insane IMO.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Dell can sell Linux powered PC/Laptops in India :-| .also,these companies should give more options-not essentially ubuntu.give options like Debian,Fedora,Suse too :) WITH SUPPORT!

I remember a service guy is been fired by his higher authority in a big PC dealer for installing suse Linux on customer's laptop,that "you should not take liabilities with unsupported systems" :x this sucks!many service personnel now are familiar with Linux.many are even configuring samba server etc for their customers.but the companies dont want them to do that!wtf?

F

FilledVoid

Definitely needed in India. I probably would buy a laptop from Dell if it came fully supported with Ubuntu with no hardware errors etc. Although Acer does have laptops which comes with Linux (Linpus) I wish they could have chosen a better distro.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
Although Acer does have laptops which comes with Linux (Linpus) I wish they could have chosen a better distro.

everytime acer advertise on any newspaper they put a * at the bottom of the ad and write
the linux preinstalled comes with limited functionality
everytime i see that AD i get so furious:mad: .why cant that dumb acer install a better distro??

eagerly waiting for dell to launch ubuntu laptops in India.will buy a dell the very next day of the launch.

I just can't get it why we Indians are always the least bothered ones.:mad: :mad:

F

FilledVoid

rytime i see that AD i get so furious .why cant that dumb acer install a better distro??
Yeah me too . I'm like wtf an international company can't get some developers to develop the needed modules for supporting its hardware :| . Thats just plain sad. I believe the limited functionality is being referred to its Webcam on each Laptop. My cousin bought one recently and its webcam wouldn't work on Linpus. Although the dealer happily installed him a pirated version of Windows :|. however they really don't charge alot so I don't blame them that much for having a few screw ups.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
so everyone notices that damn fcking ad by acer saying linux with "limited functionality" as in?crapware they bundle with window$? :rolleyes:
why cant acer bundle ubuntu?atleast it is got better hardware support too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom