system getting slower

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
hi friends plz try to help me up if possable! my computer is getting slower day by day, it look as if it is working on a 256mb ram or less, but actually it is 512mb ram nd 2.8 ghz processor, i dont even play too much game, my computer is about one yr old nd initially it was verry fast, but now days it is not like that.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Do the Following:
  • Use CCleaner to clear ur drive of unwanted clutter. Tick all the checkboxes before cleaning.
  • Use a registry cleaner to remove unwanted registry entries.
  • Defragment your hard disk.
  • Stop all unwanted processes and services and uninstall al unnecessary stuff.
  • If all the above doesn't work Install your O/S all over again:D.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
The problem may be:

1. spyware/adware
2. When u last defragmented ur disk
3. lots of stuffs at win startup

so go ahead defragment ur disk or if u can then back up ur data n then format it

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
And don't forget to read this tutorial, which I made for such situations: :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38206

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
& if you played with Hardwares, like removing/replacing something, then make sure the HDD cables are inserted firmly, RAM is/are seated firmly in their slots.

coz i did that :D, to clean the mobo, CPU fan(heat sink), i had to remove everything, but after i assembled them back again, my PC would get randomly Slow. the mouse pointer would flicker heavily when moved.

the problem was- the HDD SATA cable was not fit firmly. (got loose when i fitted Floppy cables:D)

hey gu-pappu , download a software like System Mechanic 7 or TuneUP Utilities 2007 or TweakXP ......... they will do everything without u wanting to be a geek ......so download them right away .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom