Switching Off Mobile

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I am afraid you might have a wrong idea then. You can't turn on the phone, without first turning it off.
The boot animation can't come unless bootloader is loaded, which can only happen when a phone is starting up.

So far from what I have observed, the only difference rebooting with the app (and not from physical button) is that it doesn't shutdown the phone properly, rather it's like pulling out the battery. After which normal startup procedure is performed, from Boot Rom to Bootloader to Linux kernel (init process) to zygote to system server, which finally boots the phone.

Source: Can somebody explain the boot process of an Android device? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

My apologies, I confused with soft reboot seen in Xposed App.. And soft reboot only restarts zygote process there by, quickly rebooting the device.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My apologies, I confused with soft reboot seen in Xposed App.. And soft reboot only restarts zygote process there by, quickly rebooting the device.

That sounds like an interesting Xposed app. Might try this instead of using reboot apps.
Any idea whether this Xposed App tries to shutdown the phone first before rebooting from zygote step?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
That sounds like an interesting Xposed app. Might try this instead of using reboot apps.
Any idea whether this Xposed App tries to shutdown the phone first before rebooting from zygote step?
It seems again you have miss understood me. I was talking about the xposed installer - which is used to install other modules. It has two options
1) soft reboot
2) reboot
And if you want modules just for different types of reboot, try Gravity Box or APM +

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It seems again you have miss understood me. I was talking about the xposed installer - which is used to install other modules. It has two options
1) soft reboot
2) reboot
And if you want modules just for different types of reboot, try Gravity Box or APM +
There is also a difference between the full reboot done by Xposed and Link2SD. While Link2SD is near instantaneous, Xposed seems to follow the power button procedure to some extent.

Top Bottom