Switching Off Mobile

Flash

Lost in speed
If you are on Android, install 3rd party apps like Greenify, Clean Master, Smart Booster to manage.
Check this thread.

Do I Really Need a RAM Cleaner? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

OP
mati17

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
If you are on Android, install 3rd party apps like Greenify, Clean Master, Smart Booster to manage.
Check this thread.

Thanks Bro !

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Check this thread.

Although switchng & restarting isn't nearly same as using a RAM cleaner, I've found restarting does help once a while & generally speeds up the phone. There's nothing wrong with it.

And yes, don't use these "RAM cleaners"

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Restarting Once a day is very Good practice.. Doing that before doing the night charge cycle is doing wonders for me!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
On my Moto X (1st gen) active display stops occasionally. Rebooting the device solves the problem. So I agree that rebooting the device is a good practice. Although fixing a schedule is a bit going extra. One should reboot the device in case any abnormal behaviour is experienced. In this behaviour Android resembles Windows... Where most issue seems to resolve with a reboot.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
On my Moto X (1st gen) active display stops occasionally. Rebooting the device solves the problem. So I agree that rebooting the device is a good practice. Although fixing a schedule is a bit going extra. One should reboot the device in case any abnormal behaviour is experienced. In this behaviour Android resembles Windows... Where most issue seems to resolve with a reboot.

I hate to disagree but some OEMs have integrated this option in their settings.. And it isn't doing any harm anyway.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Use it till it bleeds to death (switched-off) and recharge it to full 100%
this will increase battery life also

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
WTH dude. That's the sure shot way to kill battery.
I hope you are trolling.
Nope.

I have seen people recharging battery 2~4 times a day even if the battery is quite good (20~30%)
but I remember in one of the forums that using the battery completely and recharging it to 100% from ground zero will increase its life.\

also OP can install Quick Shutdown apps to switch-off the mobile instead on pressing HW power off

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nope.

I have seen people recharging battery 2~4 times a day even if the battery is quite good (20~30%)
but I remember in one of the forums that using the battery completely and recharging it to 100% from ground zero will increase its life.\

also OP can install Quick Shutdown apps to switch-off the mobile instead on pressing HW power off

Article: 10 common misconceptions about mobile device batteries - TechRepublic
Quote:
Instead of charging your phone all night, every night, try keeping it charged between 40% and 80% most of the time. This will ensure the longest possible life from that battery.

Also, I haven't found an app that can restart/reboot phone without needing root.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have some doubts about the differences in shutdown process between app induced shutdown and power button shutdown. May be the app induced shutdown prevents some housekeeping functions from running as it is relatively faster and more abrupt compared to power button shutdown (in my phone at least).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have some doubts about the differences in shutdown process between app induced shutdown and power button shutdown. May be the app induced shutdown prevents some housekeeping functions from running as it is relatively faster and more abrupt compared to power button shutdown (in my phone at least).

I tend to agree. When I reboot my phone through a reboot app, it shutdowns instantly. Like in the blink of an eye. Whereas, when I shutdown through power button, it takes a while.
I have stopped using reboot app for the time being.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I tend to agree. When I reboot my phone through a reboot app, it shutdowns instantly. Like in the blink of an eye. Whereas, when I shutdown through power button, it takes a while.
I have stopped using reboot app for the time being.
Yeah, the difference is when you press the reboot through menu, it will turn off your phone completely and then turn it on. When you do it through an app, its just rebooting, it doesn't turn off the phone, it just starts rebooting from bootanimation screen.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, the difference is when you press the reboot through menu, it will turn off your phone completely and then turn it on. When you do it through an app, its just rebooting, it doesn't turn off the phone, it just starts rebooting from bootanimation screen.

I am afraid you might have a wrong idea then. You can't turn on the phone, without first turning it off.
The boot animation can't come unless bootloader is loaded, which can only happen when a phone is starting up.

So far from what I have observed, the only difference rebooting with the app (and not from physical button) is that it doesn't shutdown the phone properly, rather it's like pulling out the battery. After which normal startup procedure is performed, from Boot Rom to Bootloader to Linux kernel (init process) to zygote to system server, which finally boots the phone.

Source: Can somebody explain the boot process of an Android device? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Top Bottom