Switchable GFX Issue

aaruni

The Linux Guy
This is not a buying advice thread, but I couldn't find any better place to post this.

@Mods : Please move this to another section, if necessary.

I have a HP Pavilion g6 2303tx notebook PC, running Windows 8.1 Pro.

The problem here is, that any game which requires DirectX9 doesn't run on the High Performance AMD Radeon HD 7670M GPU. There is a error which says that directX failed to initialize, and that re-installing dx may fix the problem. I have tried that too. This only happens with things which require DirectX9.

Those applications and games work fine under the Power Saving Intel HD 4000 GPU. The problem here is that I get very low framerate in less demanding games, like CS:GO (around 20 FPS in medium settings).

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
did you do a clean re-install ? i mean from bios.
it should be done that way and latest drivers from AMD would fix the rest.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
just moved from 7, gfx switching didn't work at all there.

can't go to XP. no support for SATA drives.

ankush28

Bazinga
Did you double checked drivers? Update them first!

1) Go to amd catalyst centre(Hope you have :lol: )
2) Can you see two options?(High performence with AMD logo; Power saver with Intel logo)
3) Select AMD's high performance graphics.
4) If doesn't work then disable dynamic graphic switching and stick to amd one.

Try Windows 7.
Or better yet, Windows XP. :)

-1 for this

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
No more updates available from manufacturer website, and the latest ones from AMD website always break the system.

Nope, there is dynamic gfx switching, no option for fixed gfx in my laptop, only power saving, or high performance mode for individual applications.

AMD card works fine in DX10/DX11, but DX9 apps crash under AMD card.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Install the driver from *leshcatlabs.net/

Follow the instructions carefully regarding removingexistingdriver and installing the proper one.

Top Bottom