[SUPER URGENT]Gaming laptop 60-65 k

[MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION] : I agree that there are more number of Lenovo users than asus n msi ones but that doesn't hide the fact that Lenovo laptops create problems after a year or 2

My laptop was running fine for almost 2.5 years. Ok i game a lot, so consider other users... Among my friends who have Z series n G series laptop, who game on their laptops just sometimes (that too fifa) they have also faced problems (most common one is hinge issue, which even my local service centre guy admitted that most Lenovo laptops come to service centre with that problem)

As gaming is not a major usage scenario for my friends, how will you explain why their laptops are creating problems

As far as that "source" thing is concerned, check display tests in reviews of Y50(860M model for TN display) & GL552JX (IPS display Y50 costs 85k, my friend recently bought TN + 960M at 78k from showroom)

Also my laptop rarely touches 90C (even while gaming, it settles at 85C,usually)

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
SSHD has a small ssd for caching purposes... Overall it gives better performance than HDD but nowhere near SSD.

Y50 has only 1 sata slot, no odd too... You can buy 512GB SSD after a year, maybe (like i did)... Prices will drop in a year

Okay, now ill go with 512 ssd later...also, this y50 model has a better screen than older y50? No? Even though. It still sucks

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
SSHD has a small ssd for caching purposes... Overall it gives better performance than HDD but nowhere near SSD.

Y50 has only 1 sata slot, no odd too... You can buy 512GB SSD after a year, maybe (like i did)... Prices will drop in a year

Can't you install it Caddy bay?
Swap the DVD by SSD?

Dude, i have owned a HP G6 2005x... i have had bad experience with it. After 1 yr (thats the warranty period) it gave me all the problems in the world, wifi spoiled, display going reddish (which i had to bang it to make it normal) and the entire motherboard conking out. Had to spend Rs11,000 at HP Service Centre, after they kept it for repairs for nearly 8 friggin months. If anyone has the divine right to rant and scream insults at HP, its me. But i dont, because i know that if other HP users had even half the problems i faced, HP wouldnt be the company it is today.

My friend in my hostel bought the same-ish model after 6 months but with nVidia GPU. He had problems from Day 1, that is wifi not working. Thankfully he was still covered in warranty (it was Day 1 problem after all heheh) and had it repaired for free.
But then, there were probably 10+ other students in my batch alone who didnt have any problems with HP laptops. Yes we all bought HP because well, our residential college was in a small town which had only HP service centre.

Now me and that friend could have flamed all over tech sites about our problems. People would have read it, and said "Man, that HP G6 2000 series must be cr@p, so much complaints.. DAY 1 problem??, wow thats like EA". In reality , that G6 2000 series was big hit and it sold a lot, so much that stores ran out of it (yup i read it in some forums). Cmon, a laptop with decent dedicated GPU for Rs33,000?? That was a shocker for 2012. I could virtually hear all IIT freshers running for it. I finished Tomb Raider 2013 and Crysis 2 smoothly on that laptop, which i find amazing to this day.

Popular models will always have more bad reps, because people having problems are more prone to lash it out on the internet than those who are having a pretty good experience. God knows how many people created forum accounts just because they had problems. Will you create a new forum account if you were having a pleasant experience? No right?

Another example is the amount of flames Samsung Galaxy S3 got, but no one talked about LG Optimus G (its competition)..because hardly anyone bought the LG Optimus G, which, had its share of problems equaling the Galaxy S3.

Just posting this long post so others would read it and be aware in the future when they come across people who criticize certain products.

Dude, i have owned a HP G6 2005x... i have had bad experience with it. After 1 yr (thats the warranty period) it gave me all the problems in the world, wifi spoiled, display going reddish (which i had to bang it to make it normal) and the entire motherboard conking out. Had to spend Rs11,000 at HP Service Centre, after they kept it for repairs for nearly 8 friggin months. If anyone has the divine right to rant and scream insults at HP, its me. But i dont, because i know that if other HP users had even half the problems i faced, HP wouldnt be the company it is today.

Ok here's the statistics.... Except me, I know 3 more people who have Y500 & all of them have got some problems or other (Problems started after 2 years, for most including me, after a year for one guy) The guy whose Y500 started giving problems after just a year changed his laptop after using it for a year more(coz he's super rich). One guy's right side ports are not working(3.5mm & a usb). Now I know 3 people who have Y50 860M model, 2 of them have got issues after/within 1 year of usage (webcam issue for 1 & hinge broke completely for other) & also I know a friend who recently bought Y50 960M model.

And almost all my friends who have G series, have hinge issue, but they don't bother repairing it (or complaining in forums) because they can still use it without much issues (many don't even know that its a problem & can be sorted out for free in warranty) (The hinge issue in Lenovo laptops has been acknowledged by my local service centre guy)

So I'm just not complaining because of my laptop's experience... I live in a hostel, so I get to hear all these stuffs ...

And yeah HP also gives problems, but you have already mentioned, not everyone gets it. I know many people who own HP laptop, some got minor issues like hinge, ethernet port not working, but only 2 of them have got very serious issues (one of them threw away his laptop & bought another HP one, coz he knows he just had bad luck with the first one)

Then there are few guys with Asus & many with Dell (never heard of major issues in those 2, mostly works without any problems)

Top Bottom