Super AMOLED burn in :- Myth or reality ?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S5, this is my first phone with a SAMOLED display.Now I have read a few reports about imgae burn-in's in samsung's previous phone with SAMOLED displays, has any S2,S3,Note,Note 2, galaxy Nexus owner on the forum faced this burn in issue so far ?

Cheers!
Abhijit

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Burn In will only happen if you keep the screen on with no moving picture for a really really long time...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have a Galaxy Nexus. The Burn in issue is real. You can notice it while playing games in immersive mode... I can see burn-in in places of onscreen buttons and status bar. Icons and text are dimly visible. Also, screen is not as bright as it used to be, as amoled screen uses up cells. For example, pixels in the status bar and navigation bar area are used sparingly, as it is generally black with some white text or symbols. While playing games, when the status bar and Nav bar is hidden, the whites and other colours in those locations are brighter than the rest of the screen.

ankush28

Bazinga
I have a Galaxy Nexus. The Burn in issue is real. You can notice it while playing games in immersive mode... I can see burn-in in places of onscreen buttons and status bar. Icons and text are dimly visible. Also, screen is not as bright as it used to be, as amoled screen uses up cells. For example, pixels in the status bar and navigation bar area are used sparingly, as it is generally black with some white text or symbols. While playing games, when the status bar and Nav bar is hidden, the whites and other colours in those locations are brighter than the rest of the screen.

True! My friend too have burn in in his gNexus.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz

I believe gnexus amoled panel was from an older generation. The quality had improved by leaps and bounds since.

And monitor having burn in , lol.We are talking about amoled/oled/poled panels and not lcd's.

Top Bottom