Suggestions on a laptop 60 - 65k

StuD

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I've been reading quite a lot of threads to narrow down my search for a good laptop.

1) What is your budget? INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

- MUSIC, MOVIES, OFFICE WORK AND MODERATE GAMING

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?

1TB HDD
8GIGS RAM
BACKLIT KEYS
GOOD GPU
Non touch
DVD Drive
HDMI PORT
i5 / i7
FHD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, DELL & APPLE (however Mac's don't have such high specs :( )

b. Dislike: Samsung, Lenovo, Asus

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution Full HD
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place : Locally or online FK/ SD

I've shortlisted one laptop which fits all the above requirements:

*www.hpshopping.in/HP_ENVY_Notebook_-_15-k201tx_Laptop

HP ENVY K-201TX; however read a lot of mixed reviews. Some say that the lappy has heating issues.
Hence my purpose to create a thread here and ask the experts :D . Please do share your inputs on the above model/ or any other recommendation.

This is costing me INR 64500 locally. Flipkart does not have it in stock..

Please advice...

$hadow

Geek in making
Get this Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Rs.63490 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi All,

I've been reading quite a lot of threads to narrow down my search for a good laptop.

1) What is your budget? INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

- MUSIC, MOVIES, OFFICE WORK AND MODERATE GAMING

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?

1TB HDD
8GIGS RAM
BACKLIT KEYS
GOOD GPU
Non touch
DVD Drive
HDMI PORT
i5 / i7
FHD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, DELL & APPLE (however Mac's don't have such high specs :( )

b. Dislike: Samsung, Lenovo, Asus

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution Full HD
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place : Locally or online FK/ SD

I've shortlisted one laptop which fits all the above requirements:

*www.hpshopping.in/HP_ENVY_Notebook_-_15-k201tx_Laptop

HP ENVY K-201TX; however read a lot of mixed reviews. Some say that the lappy has heating issues.
Hence my purpose to create a thread here and ask the experts :D . Please do share your inputs on the above model/ or any other recommendation.

This is costing me INR 64500 locally. Flipkart does not have it in stock..

Please advice...

HP ENVY K-201TX is a good laptop. Personally I don't have experience with this model currently I am using HP pavilion p077tx and haven't faced any heating issues.

OP
S

StuD

Get this Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Rs.63490 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Thanks for the suggestion $hadow. Can you confirm if the model has backlit keys ?

Flipkart does not have that info shared.. Thanks !

OP
S

StuD

got this

HP Pavilion 15-ab032TX (Notebook) (Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (M2W75PA) Rs.52820 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion 15-ab032TX (Notebook) (Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (M2W75PA) SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

compromised on the backlit, otherwise killer ! :)

Blue Leaf

Broken In
ab032 sux bigtime when it comes to display, viewing angles are very bad and color reproduction is aweful
If you are looking for casual gaming in low resolution then its okay, for hardcore gaming you should get a graphics with DDR5 instead of DDR3

Get SAGER NP7155 from xotic pc?

dude you and your foreign laptops. Do we get basic warranty? you know laptop repairs can go over Rs 10,000 for the minutest of the minute problems and for foreign models repair is almost impossible due to parts unavailability. Can you justify you "advice" with a stronger point?
I have been screwed over by HP on repairs....i dont think anyone should buy a laptop without minimum 3 yr Warranty

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dude you and your foreign laptops. Do we get basic warranty? you know laptop repairs can go over Rs 10,000 for the minutest of the minute problems and for foreign models repair is almost impossible due to parts unavailability. Can you justify you "advice" with a stronger point?
I have been screwed over by HP on repairs....i dont think anyone should buy a laptop without minimum 3 yr Warranty

Build quality and hardware testing of laptops from xotic pc is better than that of HP. If somebody wants warranty with no regards to specifications, he should look for any dell/hp/lenovo laptop available in India. If one needs best the config available, clevo becomes the default choice. Why I advise getting a laptop from xotic pc? Because it gives the OP a perspective of how overpriced laptops in India are and they shouldn't spend >50k on ulv i7+ 940m + hd screen.

Why I advise getting a laptop from xotic pc? Because it gives the OP a perspective of how overpriced laptops in India are and they shouldn't spend >50k on ulv i7+ 940m + hd screen.
Wow so he is gonna buy ur fancy Sager for the sake of perspective?
In India everything is pricier and inferior when compared to foreign market. Now that means we should buy our fridge, Tv, Microwave Oven, Fruit Blender, Vacuum Cleaner and every goddamn electrical from foreign huh?
There is a reason things are expensive here, and thats because of TAX. Its not like the entire world is anti-India. You dont need to go blah blah Indian model inferior blah blah get from foreign blah blah.. every kid knows it.

Foreign goods dont carry international warranty, except for rare few (eg.Surface pro), and you have to pay a lot on taxes. Check geb.ebay.in. Allmost all post-duty/tax electronics are way pricier than the local ones.

OP , dont listen to this Firang fanboy.. stick to Indian laptops. You get a good peace of mind and always available servicing.
If getting goods from foreign was easy and good value for money, no one will buy from India. And this is where Indian tax laws come in.. live with it nomatter how much you feel like whining.

I badly what asus gl552 somebody please help me. I mean withing the below 60k range ofcourse.

dude, that came out like 3 months ago in the US. Wait a bit. Even Apple/Dell products take ages to reach Indian shores. ASUS will take its own sweet time, may even wait for the Puja Holidays.

- - - Updated - - -

I badly what asus gl552 somebody please help me. I mean withing the below 60k range ofcourse.

Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay
too bad its sold out

Last edited:

Blue Leaf

Broken In
Wow so he is gonna buy ur fancy Sager for the sake of perspective?
In India everything is pricier and inferior when compared to foreign market. Now that means we should buy our fridge, Tv, Microwave Oven, Fruit Blender, Vacuum Cleaner and every goddamn electrical from foreign huh?
There is a reason things are expensive here, and thats because of TAX. Its not like the entire world is anti-India. You dont need to go blah blah Indian model inferior blah blah get from foreign blah blah.. every kid knows it.

Foreign goods dont carry international warranty, except for rare few (eg.Surface pro), and you have to pay a lot on taxes. Check geb.ebay.in. Allmost all post-duty/tax electronics are way pricier than the local ones.

OP , dont listen to this Firang fanboy.. stick to Indian laptops. You get a good peace of mind and always available servicing.
If getting goods from foreign was easy and good value for money, no one will buy from India. And this is where Indian tax laws come in.. live with it nomatter how much you feel like whining.
[MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION] +1
Respect o/

OP
S

StuD

ab032 sux bigtime when it comes to display, viewing angles are very bad and color reproduction is aweful
If you are looking for casual gaming in low resolution then its okay, for hardcore gaming you should get a graphics with DDR5 instead of DDR3

ha ha, nice. But I've checked it out @ the store. Really liked it and does suit my requirements. Yes im not big time into gaming. CS is what I love and it can handle it pretty well.
For me the screen is fab and pretty much what I was looking for. Movies in FHD and B&O speakers for the music are wonderful.

Anyways I'd recommend members to check products at any store near by, it does make a lot of difference. :)

Hp also offers 2yrs extended warranty at INR 1499 additional for selected pavillion models. :D

Top Bottom