Suggestions for Gaming PC

ron07gamer

Right off the assembly line
Can I build a decent gaming PC with these components (Budget 40K)

Amd ryzen 5 5600g
MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Gaming Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Ant Esports VS600L 600 Watt
Samsung 980 250GB Up to 3,500 MB/s

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Gaming - Games like Assassins Creed, FarCry. Need not be high resolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 40K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 256 SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No. 27 inch Samsung monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Asap

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Planning to do self assembly

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Online (mostly on AMazon)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Want to check if above configuration is ok

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Please read and fill this form - Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi @ron07gamer !
So the budget 40k is fixed or flexible?
In case you buy the AMD APU like 5600G right now, will you add another GPU later?

40k is hard for a gaming PC since its' not possible to get a standalone GPU with other latest components.
CPU - 11400F - 11.5K
Motherboard - B560 - 9K (Confirm the mobo here before buying)
RAM 8GB x2 kit - 5k
PSU - Corsair CV450 Watts Bronze - 3k
SSD - Crucial MX500 - 2.7k
GPU - GTX 1650 - 19.5k

Total is coming around 50k without case. Go with a case which has front open vents. Suggested GTX1650 because it will perform way better than 5600G and if you do not plan to change build for long time.

Or go with 5600G if planning to add GPU after 1 year or so. You can pair 5600G with Gigabyte 550 DS3H mobo.

----
Edit:
Instead of 11400f, you can go with 12100f as K_akash suggested in following post.
Earlier I thought 11400f is better for gaming but single core performance is identical which counts for gaming, but the cost of 12100 is significantly lower than 11400f. Also, 4 cores of 12100 are fine, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Hi @ron07gamer !
So the budget 40k is fixed or flexible?
In case you buy the AMD APU like 5600G right now, will you add another GPU later?

40k is hard for a gaming PC since its' not possible to get a standalone GPU with other latest components.
CPU - 11400F - 11.5K
Motherboard - B560 - 9K (Confirm the mobo here before buying)
RAM 8GB x2 kit - 5k
PSU - Corsair CV450 Watts Bronze - 3k
SSD - Crucial MX500 - 2.7k
GPU - GTX 1650 - 19.5k

Total is coming around 50k without case. Go with a case which has front open vents. Suggested GTX1650 because it will perform way better than 5600G and if you do not plan to change build for long time.

Or go with 5600G if planning to add GPU after 1 year or so. You can pair 5600G with Gigabyte 550 DS3H mobo.
or i3 12100?

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Amd ryzen 5 5600g
Other than the PSU, everthing else looks fine. Get 80+ Bronze rated PSU atleast. For this config, 450w should do. No need for 600w.

But I don't know what kinda gaming experience you would get from this set up for the intended games. From this review, not good enough fps even @ low settings. If it's good enough for you, go ahead. Else, go for 10100F and dGPU combo which will likely to overshoot your budget. I don't track GPU market, try something like 1650 Super or above should do for 1080p gaming.

DestGod

Journeyman

Amd ryzen 5 5600g

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Gaming - Games like Assassins Creed, FarCry. Need not be high resolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 40K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 256 SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No. 27 inch Samsung monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Asap

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Planning to do self assembly

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Online (mostly on AMazon)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Want to check if above configuration is ok
Yes its a solid build.
An alternative would be going with the i3 12100f and RX 6400, but if you're planning on getting a dGPU down the line, i wouldn't reccomend the i3.
Few suggestions,
1. Ditch the PSU. I'd go with the XPG Pylon 450w, Deepcool Pk450d or the corsair CV450. These would give a much better peace of mind the antesports psu.
2. Im assuming that the price of that 980 250GB SSD is around 3.5k. Instead you could get a decent 500GB SSD for the same price. Sequential speeds dont matter much when gaming. Go with some like the adata swordfish or Kingston NV1. If budget allows, then the WD SN570 would be the best choice.
3. Make sure that the motherboard has it's BIOS updated to support the 5000 series.
4. Finally, consider a cheap after market air cooler for the CPU, like the Deepcool AK400.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, if gaming is your only requirement from a PC at such price, just get Xbox Series S for 32k + XGP ultimate for 3 years for like 5k, you will get a lot of games in XGPU.

CPU - Intel i3 12100 - 10.5k - Intel Core i3 Processors Archives

Mobo - Asus Prime H610M-E D4 - 7.3k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 - 5.5k

M.2 SSD - WD SN570 500GB - 4.5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - 3.2k

PSU - Deepcool PM650D 80+ Gold - 4.9k

Cabinet - Ant Esports ICE-311MT - 3.7k

Monitor - Yours

Total - 39.6k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, clarion (online stores) for PC parts at a good price, sometimes even amazon.

That rig without a dedicated GPU itself is 40k. PC gaming is expensive & budget gaming systems don't exist sadly, for now. On that rig, get at least GTX 1660Ti or 1660S for 21.5k, as that is the cheapest GPU IMO whose price makes some sense. GTX 1650 is much weaker for like 17k.
Zotac Geforce GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan LHR Graphics Card

Elitehubs is a trusted website, bought my Razer mouse from them. Apparently they have some sale going on.

Top Bottom