Suggestions for a good 125 cc Scooter

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hello all,

Looking to buy a good 125 cc scooter.

The most important requirement is that it should be have good acceleration and should be VFM.

I have looked at the following models so far:

TVS Ntorq - Low fuel efficiency and the BS6 version has bad 0-60 timings but tons of segment first features
Suzuki Access 125 - lacks many features, somewhat overpriced, dated looks but good build quality and peppy engine with respectable 0-60 timings
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 - lacks some features but awesome in looks and probably the lightest 125cc scooter so even with lower power figures it gives decent 0-60 timings
Maestro Edge 125 - low build quality, somewhat boring design but okay in features and power
Activa 125 - expensive, bad 0-60 timings but feature loaded
Ignored the Aprilia SR125 for it's high price.

I am confused between the 1st 3. The BS4 Ntorq was awesome to ride but the BS6 one has damped down acceleration. The Suzuki Access misses out on some features but overall good engine and overall very practical, spacious and reliable scooter. The Yamaha Ray ZR is very has lower power figures but with low weight the power feels decent but it lacks some features such as external fuel filler cap. However the best looking scooter of the 3.

Please help me select one. Very confused and can't decide. Each scooter has some hits and misses.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Test drive all of them if possible to get a better idea about acceleratio.

My friend has older Ray Z, bad fuel efficiency but good performance. I liked Access 125 & Activa 125, Activa has much better resale value & is considered more reliable (hence the cost), have driven all 3 of them but older models. My friend's Access was giving fuel efficiency similar to my Activa 110, both were bought at the same time, so maybe that's still the case. Take a test ride of all 3 of them, list down the pros & cons of all & which features you will prioritize.

Didn't hear much about Maestro nor know anyone who owns it. Same goes for Aprilla, I mean get a bike if you need performance, why spend on this?

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
My friend has older Ray Z, bad fuel efficiency but good performance. I liked Access 125 & Activa 125, Activa has much better resale value & is considered more reliable (hence the cost), have driven all 3 of them but older models. My friend's Access was giving fuel efficiency similar to my Activa 110, both were bought at the same time, so maybe that's still the case. Take a test ride of all 3 of them, list down the pros & cons of all & which features you will prioritize.

Didn't hear much about Maestro nor know anyone who owns it. Same goes for Aprilla, I mean get a bike if you need performance, why spend on this?
I am inclined towards the Access 125 as it has one of the best pickup. Doesn't have loads of features like Activa 125 but gets the job done. Activa 125 is one of the slowest in the segment I think.

I am inclined towards the Access 125 as it has one of the best pickup. Doesn't have loads of features like Activa 125 but gets the job done. Activa 125 is one of the slowest in the segment I think.
I drove Activa 125 years after other scooters, so can't exactly comment on Access vs Activa 125 but it was quicker than my 110cc Activa.

Top Bottom