Suggestion required for Printer

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hi,

I am looking for a printer but not sure about the type or specific model. My usage would be on lighter side and would normally include documents and occasional photos, but would like to go with a model that would not give any trouble for sometime.
Number of pages per month would be very low, i.e. below 200, but can increase occasionally. It would also be great to have wireless connectivity as I would use the same with Mac, Windows, and Android.
I have not shortlisted anything as I really have no idea about printers. Budget is flexible in the range of 5K-10K, but can stretch if I get value for money.

Awaiting responses. Thank you.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
MFD (printer + scanner) comes mainly in two variants: Inkjet or Laser.
Inkjet MFD is relatively cheap. Can get for below 10k, even less than 5K, but their cartridge cost is huge. If you are ok with the cartridge prices, then surely you can get Inkjet printer, else you can try to get costly laser printer, which have very low per page cost.

My thread for when I bought a printer 6 years back: Need the best Printer (Print + Copy + Scan) for around 4k-5k

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
I did a little research and seems Inkjet would be fine for me considering low usage requirement.
I was checking HP 419 and Canon Prixma 2012. Color output of HP Inktank 419 is not great as per different video reviews. For Canon Prixma, MacOS support is a question.
Quality of printing and durability are the two important factors I'm looking for.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You said Inkjet printer would be fine for you, but you have selected Ink tank printer. I have no experience with them, but seems like inktank printer would be suitable for high usage.
Example of Inkjet printer is Amazon.in: Buy Canon PIXMA MG2577s All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer (Blue/White) Online at Low Prices in India | Canon Reviews & Ratings

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Agree. I do not have much idea around difference between inkjet and inktank. I considered inktank as a newer variation within inkjet.
I checked Canon's website, they have not listed Mac under supported OS.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Drying of ink is an issue that I do face with my inkjet printer cartridge. Dipping the cartridge half way in some warn water, resolves it though. (Jugaad).
For inktank I think that should be an issue too, but that should be easy to get refilled cheaply (not 100% sure though).

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
It seems that there is a major price difference between Inktank and Inkjet. Can you suggest good inkjet ones based on my requirements mentioned?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There aren't many choices to begin with.
I think you should just select few popular inkjet models (those which have a few ratings) and go through low star reviews to find one which suits youl.

In general, prices are inflated due to cornona pandemic, so you might want to wait for upcoming sale which is around the corner.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, did some research and planning for InkTank ones as it would be peace of mind. Any suggestion.
Keep in mind one thing, inktank printers recommend printing at least 1-2 pages a week to keep their printing heads/nozzles issue free. Another thing to consider is the availability & pricing of original ink bottles as many times I see a good inktank printer with poor availability of original ink bottles on amazon.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
What happens if I don't print for a month on inktank?
Any difference in picture quality in inktank and ink jet?
I saw videos of inktank HP410, photo color reproduction seemed poor.
Any suggestions for specific models?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many people say there is a risk of ink nozzles getting stuck due to non-usage. Picture quality depends only on printer, no relation with inkjet/inktank at least for standard A4 size pages. Check amazon/flipkart reviews preferably top rated ones & detailed(aka not 1-2 lines or few words saying good or bad etc).

Top Bottom