Suggestion for a new gpu and do I need to upgrade cpu/mb?

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Normal day to day purpose, coding and recent game releases. I am not a hardcore gamer so can't name the games. My nephew will be playing games on this pc, games on mid to low settings with decent fps will do the job. He's the reason I am planning to add gpu.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: If I just need to buy a gpu then around 15k, if I need to upgrade other things then I'll update it.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB, I already have it.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already have it. LG 22 inch (54.61 cm) Full HD (1920 X 1080)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Planning to reuse -Intel i5 4570 3.2 GHz
Gigabye b85m-d3h
Corsair Vengeance 4GB * 2
Antec vp450p
NZXT Source Elite210
Western Digital Blue 1TB

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi- Nehru Palace

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Will I need to buy a new psu as well? If so please suggest one too according to the gpu.

The i5 4th gen should be ok with GTX 1650 Super or RX580, it will still be bottlenecked though compared to something like even R5 1600, but definitely playable at 1080p high.

If you want to get something really value for money, get this RX580 for 10.5k:
ASUS RADEON RX 580 4GB OC DUAL EDITION GDDR5

Also, add at least a 120GB SSD for OS & some apps in that system. The difference in general usability is night & day between HDD & SSD. Kingston A400 120/240GB are great budget options for 1.6/2.5k. That PSU isn't great either, but it might suffice.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Will this ssd *www.amazon.in/Silicon-Power-Perfor...keywords=silicon+m2+ssd&qid=1584461296&sr=8-3 be compatible with my motherboard? My MB manual : *download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-b85m-d3h_e.pdf

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Will this ssd *www.amazon.in/Silicon-Power-Perfor...keywords=silicon+m2+ssd&qid=1584461296&sr=8-3 be compatible with my motherboard? My MB manual : *download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-b85m-d3h_e.pdf
Get this instead:
Buy Crucial MX500 500GB at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in

All 2.5" sata ssd are compatible with your motherboard.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes but buy this one which is much better.
Buy Online Crucial MX500 2.5″ 500GB SATA III 3D SSD CT500MX500SSD1 In India

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crucial MX500 also has a DRAM write buffer, preferred for SSDs. I don't know whether the Silicon Power one has it.

Crucial MX500 also has a DRAM write buffer, preferred for SSDs. I don't know whether the Silicon Power one has it.
I doubt it has a DRAM, but still, 1TB for 7k is a decent price for it as even w/o DRAM it will still provide noticeable improvement over a HDD. As I said earlier "MX500 is a better SSD than the Silicon Power one while being cheaper ".

Top Bottom