[Suggestion] Building Personal Website

tomatoguy

Broken In
I want to build a personal website , I have tried to create one before that has bunch of social media links(something like this . I have purchased a domain and am looking to build a personal website.
I am looking forward to blog , but am not sure what to blog about . Do you guys own any personal website ? What have you included in it?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
We have plenty of members here who have their own blog. You can check it in their signature.
Is there any particular reason you want to create an online blog?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I have purchased a domain and am looking to build a personal website.
If you have not purchased any web hosting, get a shared hosting from any decent provider.
Your hosting will come with a control panel like cPanel / DirectAdmin.

Easiest way to build a personal website and a blog is using WordPress.
Install wordpress using features available in hosting control panel and start adding contents on your website.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I used to run my blog on Wordpress. Had set it up on my VPS. So you will have to either purchase a VPS or use Wordpress as a host and configure your DNS to forward to your wordpress host.

OP
T

tomatoguy

Broken In
I want to finish working on my personal website this weekend but im confused on what to include in the personal website....

like what do i put in a website ? im not thinking to build a portfolio website , just a personal website ...

what do i put in ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hmmm. Perhaps talk about yourself and your hobbies? Or Some kind of blog about travel, cooking, pets etc?

If its not for portfolio then why are you creating your personal website? What was your initial thought?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
After seeing your signature, why not talk about games you play? May be a small review and guide on your favorite games?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I had helped few non tech friends build there profiles for there work,

1) U can use some template to begin with. Like from HTML5UP(Some members here on tdf use it)
2) Use github pages to host, and use your domain with it.

everything can be found on google. Troubleshooting to guide everything.

Top Bottom