Suggest PC Upgrade Budget 15K

abhishek007p

Right off the assembly line
My knowledge of PC config is outdated. built my last PC in 2011 and a lot has changed since then. My existing system is AMD Athlon II X2 260, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia Geforce 210, Asus Mobo.

I want to upgrade my pc, need to replace CPU, GPU, Mobo and RAM. Want to use Windows 7 and 10 dual boot.

Suggest config for me. Preferably an AMD but Intel is also fine.

Budget - 15K for these components.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Too low budget. CPU+Mobo+ram alone will cross 15k mark. Fill the questionnaire.
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

OP
A

abhishek007p

Too low budget. CPU+Mobo+ram alone will cross 15k mark.
-/+ 2-3K

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Android app development, browsing, some old games etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 and 10 dual boot

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: already have

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: need to buy CPU, GPU, Mobo, RAM

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Jaipur, will buy online if i choose AMD since they arent available easily offline

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Budget -/+ 2-3 K

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
-/+ 2-3K
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Android app development, browsing, some old games etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 and 10 dual boot

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: need to buy CPU, GPU, Mobo, RAM

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Jaipur, will buy online if i choose AMD since they arent available easily offline

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Budget -/+ 2-3 K

Lowest end R3 1200 and Pentium G4560 alone are costing 8.5-9k which is absurd. Try to get a used 3/4th gen i5/i7 for that price instead. Even if you increase budget to 25k, I'm not sure if you'll get latest parts at sane prices.

What is your current PSU?

OP
A

abhishek007p

Lowest end R3 1200 and Pentium G4560 alone are costing 8.5-9k which is absurd. Try to get a used 3/4th gen i5/i7 for that price instead. Even if you increase budget to 25k, I'm not sure if you'll get latest parts at sane prices.

What is your current PSU?

PSU is 500Watts of Enter company. i can increase budget to 20K then.
are APUs good or better go for dedicated CPU and GPU?.
AMD lineup is so confusing, i see on amazon.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
PSU is 500Watts of Enter company. i can increase budget to 20K then.
are APUs good or better go for dedicated CPU and GPU?.
AMD lineup is so confusing, i see on amazon.
Then you also need to replace your PSU with a reliable one.
Current AM4 APUs are based on older architecture. At this point, it makes no sense to get older AMD hardware. G4560 would've been perfect if it wasn't being sold for 50% over the normal price. If you still want to go the AMD route, at the minimum there is R3 1200 and then you'll also have to get a low end GPU (like GT 1030) since Ryzen CPUs don't have integrated GPU.

OP
A

abhishek007p

i can ask relatives in HongKong to get the CPU there prices are very less. in that case which one will be better than G4560

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Stock available:
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME B250M-K (INTEL SOCKET 1151/7TH AND 6TH GENERATION CORE SERIES CPU/MAX 32GB DDR4-2400MHZ MEMORY)
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM AEGIS SERIES 4GB (4GBx1) DDR4 2133MHz (F4-2133C15S-4GIS)

Check before buying. I haven't heard about this shop:
Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560(3.50Ghz)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 4GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory Module
Corsair CX 450 W Power Supply

OP
A

abhishek007p

Unfortunate Pentium G4560 only supports Windows 10
Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 54W BX80677G4560 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 610 - Newegg.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Unfortunate Pentium G4560 only supports Windows 10
Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 54W BX80677G4560 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 610 - Newegg.com
Then just use windows 10. I don't know if the OEMs have made drivers for windows 7.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom