Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

Amd 780g

I finally decide to buy amd 5600+ AMD 780G mobo
when i go to AMD site they show there chipset is support PCI-E 2.0
but when i go to mobo Manufacture site they show
PCI Express x16 slot (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant)
or
PCI Express x16 slot (The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
what this Means :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadripper

Journeyman
Dude.. go for abit p35 wit a cheaper graf card... IGp for 8200 hmm nt sure on 650i ... if ur were goin for a amd then u coudl go for gigabyte GA-ma78gm-S2h wit onboard 3200:eek::smile::cool:

nikkuchan

Broken In
I must say this as it has caused me much grief in the past. Whatever board you buy, please please please research it. First and foremost make sure that the motherboard will accept your cpu out-of-box, because if it turns out that you need a bios upgrade you're not going to have fun. Second, look for a list of tested ram for the particular motherboard and buy memory that's been confirmed as working. No-brand memory may be very cheap, but if it doesn't work you'll be regretting it (I sure did).

On that note, I use a Biostar GF7050V M7 with an E8400. It's a cheap mobo but it does the job. It uses onboard GeForce 7050 graphics (though I'm using a 9600gt with it). The biostar site has a list of tested ram. the e8200 isn't on the list of supported cpus, but the site is out of date; it should work.

OP
A

ankitsagwekar

i heard that PCI-E 2.0 card will not work correctly on a PCI-E 1.0a slot so i want pci-e 1.1 mobo
p35 base mobo are good but it is more costly 5+2 + 7k mobo + gpu :?

i m thinking to buy amd + 780g :?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check these two mobo's :

*www.gigabyte.in/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2814
*www.gigabyte.in/Products/Motherboa...oard&ProductID=2800&ProductName=GA-MA78G-DS3H

moreover these two also support the AMD's phenom processors, support HyperTransport 3, socket AM2+ and AM2, Dx10 onboard Graphics (2000+ 3dmark 06 score)

Open those links and in the right side pane, there is a link "CPU Support List". Open that link , note down the CPu model number and stepping revision. Then decide on the processor.

Last edited:

komalbrar

Right off the assembly line
Close your eyes and buy 780G Chipset based Gigabyte motherbaord-
GA-MA78GM-S2H
Till date there is no better board with onboard graphics. That is the result of my past 17 days research on the internet and practically.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Close your eyes and buy 780G Chipset based Gigabyte motherbaord-
GA-MA78GM-S2H
Till date there is no better board with onboard graphics. That is the result of my past 17 days research on the internet and practically.

yep. the board has DVI, D-SUB, HDMI, esata ports, which is huge advantage.

*www.ocworkbench.com/2008/gigabyte/GA-MA78GM-S2H/g1.htm

superb performance and with 8-Ch ALC889A HD audio w/ DTS connect, you need not buy soundcard for DTS decoding.

if you choose amd, then go for:

1. Gigabyte 780G motherboard, cost Rs. 4850/-
2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition, available now in India cost - 5000/-
3. ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB GDDR3 or 512mb GDDR2 or 512mb GDDR3 - 5.5k(maximum)

the proccy overclocks like nobody else, and you can soar up in its clock speed thanks to an unlocked multiplier. The motherboard is a very stable one and has the world's best onboard graphics, which has support for DirectX 10(.1 ?) and OpenGL 2.1 and if you insert another dedicated graphics card like ati 3650, you can make the onboard 3200 and the dedicated 3650 run in hybrid crossfire mode, i.e, something like nVidia's SLI, but only much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom