suggest me on some good monitor.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathyan1987

Broken In
i am planning to buy a 19" monitor ........suggest me whether to buy crt or lcd ........my main purpose is movie, games and other things......is there any additional things that we have to look in for while purchasing........

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Buy SamSung or ViewSonic 19' CRT monitor. Both are good. If you play games then
don't go for LCDs. I'm using SamSung SyncMaster 793s 17' monitor. It's very good.

Kniwor

Learner
these days there are good LCD monitors with good response time available in market, so u can actually get an LCD...

but i would suggest u still get a CRT, LCD's are still too costly, monitors with good response times further more.... if u gonna play games... a monitor with a response time of more than 12ms is a no-no.

G90fB is a really good monitor, or u have
Samsung SyncMaster 997MB which is also a good monitor

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Most ppl (including me) will argue that CRT is still better than LCD in color reproduction, resolution and response time. CRTs are also cheaper, in that, you can buy an awesome 19inch crt for the price of a 17" LCD.
But if your desk space is at a premium and any extra desk space equals extra productivity (like in office), get an lcd.

If going for a CRT, get the Samsung 997MB. Based on my xperience and a few review sites, it's a great monitor for a good price in the 19inches category. It's max recommended res is 1600x1200 @ 75Hz. The viewsonic one mentioned here also has a similar spec, so choose based on relative availablity, support and cost.

If going for an lcd monitor, insist on <8ms response time. I think Samsung, Benq and NEC are the top lcd companies. And check for dead pixels and stuck pixels before you buy.

[Hi digitians]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom