Suggest me a Laptop Ram

akki585

Broken In
HI guys, i have been looking for a RAM upgrade for my laptop, now my laptop does have only pity 2GB of RAM.I want to upgrade it.Please guys suggest a nice product.
MY laptop model is HP G6 1318AX.I want to add 2GB of RAM.(Initially i was planning to upgrade to 6GB of RAM, but now i do understand that i can not add 4GB of stick along with a 2GB stick.)
Please tell me what are the things that i should aware of before buying a Ram stick.

Reference wesite : Flipkart , Snapdeal , Amazon

You can add 4GB RAM with 2GB RAM, its just that both RAMs should run on same frequency

Take a screenshot of your RAM specs with CPUZ app n post it here

HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) Rs.23261 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) Charcoal Grey Online - HP : Flipkart.com
I suppose that's your laptop. A guy has mentioned that it has 1333MHz RAM, if so then you can buy this

Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB Laptop DRAM (KVR1333D3S9/ KVR13S9S8/4) - Kingston : Flipkart.com

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
You can add 4GB RAM with 2GB RAM, its just that both RAMs should run on same frequency

Take a screenshot of your RAM specs with CPUZ app n post it here

HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) Rs.23261 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) Charcoal Grey Online - HP : Flipkart.com
I suppose that's your laptop. A guy has mentioned that it has 1333MHz RAM, if so then you can buy this

Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB Laptop DRAM (KVR1333D3S9/ KVR13S9S8/4) - Kingston : Flipkart.com
Here it is

*i.imgur.com/QseNn16.png
*i.imgur.com/sAzLNWv.png

I was planning to go out in the market, Which companies i should prefer first?

Here it is

*i.imgur.com/QseNn16.png
*i.imgur.com/sAzLNWv.png

I was planning to go out in the market, Which companies i should prefer first?

It is 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

As far as companies are concerned, try Transcend, Corsair or Kingston value, which should cost 2k or less... For cheaper ones, Hynix is good

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
It is 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

As far as companies are concerned, try Transcend, Corsair or Kingston value, which should cost 2k or less... For cheaper ones, Hynix is good
The one you have suggested will it be fine.My system is windows 7 32 bit, do i need to install windows 64 bit to use all of 6 GBs of RAM?
I want to know that windows 7 64 bit is better than windows 7 32 bit or not?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The one you have suggested will it be fine.My system is windows 7 32 bit, do i need to install windows 64 bit to use all of 6 GBs of RAM?
I want to know that windows 7 64 bit is better than windows 7 32 bit or not?
Yes, you need to install 64 bit windows 7 as 32 bit can use 3.5 GB ram at the max.

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
Just don't format the entire HDD. Only format the partition which currently has windows 7 32-bit installed. And then install 64 bit version in that partition.
Please suggest me which ram i should buy?I am looking for 2GB upgrade as of now because of limitation of the software.But the price difference b/w 2GB and 4GB is so min. that i am confused? i guess i should buy a 4GB RAM stick.Please do give advice.thanks you

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Please suggest me which ram i should buy?I am looking for 2GB upgrade as of now because of limitation of the software.But the price difference b/w 2GB and 4GB is so min. that i am confused? i guess i should buy a 4GB RAM stick.Please do give advice.thanks you
Buy a 4 GB stick and install 64 bit windows 7. :)

Top Bottom