Suggest me a good laptop for java development

itsnka

Broken In
Hi am a java developer. Suggest me a good laptop for java development. I am giving more importance to performance. It should have a good screen. Which is the best operating system for java development. Please help me

Ps: i am not interested in games
Budget : upto 60k (1100 dollars)

OP
I

itsnka

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
50000 - 80000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15" or 14

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: apple, dell Sony Lenovo
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Java programming
Web development
Browsing

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Prefer hd

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Hi am a java developer. Suggest me a good laptop for java development. I am giving more importance to performance. It should have a good screen. Which is the best operating system for java development. Please help me

Ps: i am not interested in games

According to these specifications please suggest me a laptop

n3rd

In the zone
Dell New Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com - Full HD, 3rd gen Core i7 processor - Price 65K

Sounds ideal for your requirement IMHO. Plenty of satisfied users here too, who'd testify to its awesomeness. And obviously solid ASS too.

Last edited:
OP
I

itsnka

Broken In
Dell New Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com - Full HD, 3rd gen Core i7 processor - Price 65K

Sounds ideal for your requirement IMHO. Plenty of satisfied users here too, who'd testify to its awesomeness. And obviously solid ASS too.

What about build quality compared to others

n3rd

In the zone
What about build quality compared to others
Build quality is OK. But I thought your emphasis was on performance rather? This strikes the perfect balance between price, performance and service IMHO. I mean you could go for VAIO or something if you prefer build quality, but performance-wise 15R SE is great.

OP
I

itsnka

Broken In
Build quality is OK. But I thought your emphasis was on performance rather? This strikes the perfect balance between price, performance and service IMHO. I mean you could go for VAIO or something if you prefer build quality, but performance-wise 15R SE is great.

I5 or i7 is better for Dell 15R

OP
I

itsnka

Broken In

What about battery backup and screen resolution?

OP
I

itsnka

Broken In
Touch screen laptops are required for Windows 8 machines? Am confused with touch screen and non touch screen

n3rd

In the zone
Touch screen laptops are required for Windows 8 machines? Am confused with touch screen and non touch screen
Not required - Windows 8 Metro UI is touch friendly/ready that's all. You could do fine without that. I wouldn't recommend touch laptops since you care perfo mostly.

Top Bottom