Suggest Free Online Storage Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Hey Friends,

Need Help. Googled abt Free Online Storage Service and got whole lot of results. Wanna best opinion from your side ;)

Actually I have some collection of important e-books, softwares (.exe) and some other material. I want to upload these in .Zip format to Free Online Storage Service.

I don't want to get my files deleted at all without notification to me. Please suggest the best est service with plethora of Space.

- Wishes

ThinkFree

Technomancer
How much content do u want to upload?

Plenty of sites are there which provided a large amount of storage space, but u can't say when they will shut down(Must be knowing, AOL XDrive is discontinuing online storage service soon).

So the best option seems to be Micro$oft SkyDrive which has recently updated storage space to 25 GB. But you can't upload zipped files and only files upto 50MB are allowed. You can upload files upto 200MB on rapidshare.

I use humyo and dropbox. Dropbox gives only 2 GB free storage
Humyo is better as it gives 5GB space for documents etc(Another 5GB for multimedia content for new accounts, in my account it is 25 GB). You can upload zipped files as well and file size is limited by the amount of free space in ur account. Files are deleted after 90 days of inactivity(you get one reminder to login before deletion of files). You can provide public links to file for sharing with others as well. And it works way faster for me than Skydrive.You can fetch files from the internet in your account as well.

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
i've put up a whole lot of my PDF's on Dropbox....haven't used any other of these online storage services ... so i have only one suggestion : DROPBOX :D

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^*www.mybloop.com/zyberboy131

and pls.......
*img122.imageshack.us/img122/2794/stopspamqk9.gif

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
bille se nahi tume se pit gaya*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
For me its skydrive best. Fast and reliable.
+1 for Skydrive. Also look for Live Mesh and Foldershare, both from Microsoft. Live Mesh is a damn good product. providing cloud based storage and stands out from being just a online storage service. Foldershare is similar, albeit different with features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom