Suggest CPU for Lenovo Laptop

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hi there, i have lenovo g500s with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz along with 4 gb RAM and 500 gb HDD. What i want to ask is actually I am planning to upgrade my CPU to i7. Will it be possible just to get it replaced the i3 with i7 CPU. I use my laptop for CAD applications and games. but most of the games are lagging. That's why, thought about upgrading the CPU. Please suggest me something. Will it be reliable if i do it by myself? Also, whether the new CPU will fully support the device.

Regards

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Changing CPU won't help you in gaming. It might even result in overheating because of inadequate stock heat-sink assembly. I'm not sure if you can even replace it.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Thanks for the reply.

What if i need to upgrade my desktop which having a Intel Dual Core Processor. Can i upgrade that. I know there seems to be big requirement of upgrades. From Mobo to Processor. but there seems no problem to upgrade and there is no issue of heat .

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the reply.

What if i need to upgrade my desktop which having a Intel Dual Core Processor. Can i upgrade that. I know there seems to be big requirement of upgrades. From Mobo to Processor. but there seems no problem to upgrade and there is no issue of heat .
That would still depend on existing config. Please post complete details.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi there, i have lenovo g500s with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz along with 4 gb RAM and 500 gb HDD. What i want to ask is actually I am planning to upgrade my CPU to i7. Will it be possible just to get it replaced the i3 with i7 CPU. I use my laptop for CAD applications and games. but most of the games are lagging. That's why, thought about upgrading the CPU. Please suggest me something. Will it be reliable if i do it by myself? Also, whether the new CPU will fully support the device.

Regards
You can't replace CPU in laptop

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the reply.

Post you existing configuration

chetansha

In the zone
Who said that ? If the board supports then any person having bga equipment can do it. And there are such shops even in my city of coimbatore
The main thing will be finding bga cpu that is compatible with laptop board.
You can't replace CPU in laptop

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Who said that ? If the board supports then any person having bga equipment can do it. And there are such shops even in my city of coimbatore
The main thing will be finding bga cpu that is compatible with laptop board.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Still OP won't do it by himself. There are some old laptops with user replaceable mobile CPUs but it is never a good thing to "upgrade" them because of cooling constraints.

Top Bottom