Suggest a phone with good Back camera and Battery

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget: upto 10k (can increase to 15k only if needed)
2. Display type and size: 5.5 or more
3. Dual sim: Yes and dedicated microSD slot if possible (currently using an adapter in note 4)
4. Preferred choice of brand: Any brand as long as its reliable
5. What camera option you want: Good back camera with features like low light performance, portrait mode etc.
6. Preferred operating system: any OS
7. Preferred connectivity options: 3G, 4G ready. Dual Volte if possible
8. Primary use of handset: Whatsapp only. and occasionally shooting photos.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: Honor 9c, Redmi Y2, Redmi note 5 Pro, Honor 9a, honor 9 lite
10. Any other info that you want to share: Yes read below,

I have previously used Redmi note 3 and 4. Loved UI but battery performance deteriorated within 6 months. (note 3 had to be charged twice after 10 months).
Right now i am looking for something that fulfills my below mentioned criterias:

1. Good battery - I travel a lot and Note 3 and 4 satisfied my need for great battery backup (atleast for first 5-6 months). I can sacrifice this requirement and use a powerbank if needed.

2. Good camera - My previous phones left a lot to be desired in terms of camera futures and quality. Looking for something with good quality photos, low light performance and if possible fancy new camera features everyone talks about like portraint mode, AI recognition whatever they are.

3. Must have fingerprint sensor and preferably face unlock. I hate pattern/pin/passwords.

4. Should last atleast 2 years of daily use.

5. Price sweet spot would be under 10k but i can increase to 15k if needed (not a penny more)

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Note 5 Pro, Moto and Zenfone are the only reliable brands I see in that budget. Try to compare the reviews and decide

Icosagon

Broken In
Motorola have some great phones in that budget
Moto G5 have a great performance and display and battery but camera quality not that good. It has fingerprint sensor and fast charging features.
*www.amazon.in/Moto-G5-Fine-Gold-GB/dp/B01N7JUH7P

For 15k, RN5 Pro is the best choice.

A cheaper option is Asus Zenfone Max Pro at 11k which has a better battery life but inferior cameras. The rear camera is good for the price but the front one is average. It has stock android which lacks a lot of features compared to Xiaomi's MIUI.

Minion

Conversation Architect
RN5 Pro has better low light photos compared to X6 based on comparisons with the Chinese one.
Yes,You are right but even 30k phones struggles in low light people should not care about low light camera performance within this budget and RN5 pro is almost a year old phone and it looks like any budget phone from Mi

Zenfone 5 will have better low light performance but I am not sure when Asus is going to launch them or what price

I am not sure but I think they may launch zenfone 5 this month with price tag of 15k

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
My reccommendation: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (4GB/64GB)
Why, see below:-
1. Budget: upto 10k (can increase to 15k only if needed)
2. Display type and size: 5.5 or more
Check.
3. Dual sim: Yes and dedicated microSD slot if possible (currently using an adapter in note 4)
Check and check
5. What camera option you want: Good back camera with features like low light performance, portrait mode etc.
Good back camera but not such good front camera. Low light photography is ok if not great.
7. Preferred connectivity options: 3G, 4G ready. Dual Volte if possible
Dual Volte! What more do you want?
8. Primary use of handset: Whatsapp only. and occasionally shooting photos.
You are going to occassionally click photos, so why are you being critical on the cam?

1. Good battery - I travel a lot and Note 3 and 4 satisfied my need for great battery backup (atleast for first 5-6 months). I can sacrifice this requirement and use a powerbank if needed.
It has 5000mAh battery! Just imagine.!

3. Must have fingerprint sensor and preferably face unlock. I hate pattern/pin/passwords.
Check.

4. Should last atleast 2 years of daily use.
Can't really say.

5. Price sweet spot would be under 10k but i can increase to 15k if needed (not a penny more)
The model I mentioned, comes @13k. Exchange option is also available but as you would have to buy in flash sale, you would not get much time for exchange.

As per Asus, they are coming soon with a 8GB RAM version of same phone.

How I know all these? GSMArena and I've bought two of them already!

Yes,You are right but even 30k phones struggles in low light people should not care about low light camera performance within this budget and RN5 pro is almost a year old phone and it looks like any budget phone from Mi

Zenfone 5 will have better low light performance but I am not sure when Asus is going to launch them or what price

I am not sure but I think they may launch zenfone 5 this month with price tag of 15k
Low light photography is what helps in comparing which phone has a better camera. RN5 Pro is barely 6 months old, not a year old.

OP explicitly mentioned low light photography, that why I pointed it out. Maybe he/she does take a lot of pics indoor, so the requirement is understandable.

Top Bottom