Suggest a Laptop:30-35K

rosemolr

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? 30K-35K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
Asus( Best in market i believe),Sony(Frankly speaking obsession with viao Logo )
b. Dislike:
Acer Big NO NO, HCL,

HP,Dell,Samsung Okay okay..

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
HD movies,Casual Gaming,Hardcore Browsing,Coding

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Standard

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
EMI option Prefered,Graphics Card and minimum of Core i3 is must.

I had already shortlisted ASUS K55VD,What is your views on that?
Asus K55VD-SX313D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

OS is none of my concern since i will be loading Ubuntu and Windows 8 by myself.

Most of my friends are giving possitive feedback for Asus...Whats your thoughts on this guys?

abirthedevil

In the zone
That 2GB graphics card on that asus is pretty useless for gaming and if it is a priority in your budget then I suggest you save up a bit more and go for Asus K53SM-SX010D, I had bought this for my brother and it is an excellent laptop. You should be able to get it for 38k in local market.

Also another thing, if I were you will probably hold off on this purchase as newer generation of haswell processors is out from Intel and also nvidia is launching its mobile gpu soon and as laptop is quite a pricey purchase which you would end up using for 2-3yrs at least getting latest gen hardware is recommended.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
That 2GB graphics card on that asus is pretty useless for gaming and if it is a priority in your budget then I suggest you save up a bit more and go for Asus K53SM-SX010D, I had bought this for my brother and it is an excellent laptop. You should be able to get it for 38k in local market.

Also another thing, if I were you will probably hold off on this purchase as newer generation of haswell processors is out from Intel and also nvidia is launching its mobile gpu soon and as laptop is quite a pricey purchase which you would end up using for 2-3yrs at least getting latest gen hardware is recommended.

Thanks for the reply.

So NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M is much better than the one in ASUS K55 ...But i cannot spare 8k more on this.So the 2GB graphics which come with K55Vd won't allow me to play most of the games huh?

abirthedevil

In the zone
Graphics card memory wont do you any good when gaming at lower resolutions, and yes that 610 on K55Vd is no good for gaming.
If you cannot stretch your budget at all, I suggest you look at laptops with AMD APU+ Discrete graphics, they are available for around 33k and should be good for gaming and also can handle all the requirements you have listed above. But CPU performance wont be as good as 2nd-3rd gen i5.
Lenovo Ideapad Z585 (59-347937) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-23...RUZ7&ref=a2f97ccc-643d-4118-98ab-b55b3011cf64

HP Pavilion G6-2301AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
But like I said above new gen is here, if you can wait a bit you get better performance and also you might be able to save up some more and get a better laptop.

powerstarprince

In the zone
This is the best u can get spec-wise Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Other options are Samsung NP350E5C-S03IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

HP Pavilion G6-2230TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Would this work? It already has Win 8.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
Graphics card memory wont do you any good when gaming at lower resolutions, and yes that 610 on K55Vd is no good for gaming.
If you cannot stretch your budget at all, I suggest you look at laptops with AMD APU+ Discrete graphics, they are available for around 33k and should be good for gaming and also can handle all the requirements you have listed above. But CPU performance wont be as good as 2nd-3rd gen i5.
Lenovo Ideapad Z585 (59-347937) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

HP Pavilion G6-2302AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

HP Pavilion G6-2301AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
But like I said above new gen is here, if you can wait a bit you get better performance and also you might be able to save up some more and get a better laptop.

Thanks guys for your replies...I still haven't figured which laptop to buy...

I had a good experience while using my friend's Asus laptop which made me to push for that brand itself.Since i'm not a gaming pro like you all here i was not aware that the NVIDIA G610M is good for nothing...though i saw few videos in youtube where in which it provide descent FPS as well...

To break it down...Now i'm confused when all the AMD options came in...I still remember the days when my brother's laptop used to get heatup almost like we can fry some cookies over it!!!

Does the heating problem still exist with AMD?

I will list out my primary concerns here...please help me out to pick a good option...

Intel/AMD: Asus come with Core i3 Second Generation...So i hope in terms of performance APU quadcore will be ahead or at least on par with intel core i3...If you guys give a strong feedback for AMD then i'm ready to go for it...

USB 3.0: Quiet often i used to bring in my friend's HDD for copying series and Bluray movies...So i would be more happy if my lappy have 2 USB 3.0 which will give more speed during HDD to HDD transfer...Atleast one port is a MUST!

HD LED: Display should be great because mostly i use my lappy for watching HD series and movies and casual gaming.I'm very much fond of bluray contents too.

HDD: Doesn't really matter i have almost 3 TB of external storage.

Graphics card:I really dont have a clue here...You guys should help me here

Ram: Minimum of 4GB

Battery backup: Always used to keep the lappy on bed for continuous usage..Hoping for a minimum of 3 hours

OS: Doesn't matter i'm gonna install ubuntu anyway...DOS will do

Audio output: I don't like wearing headphones all the time...expecting a descent audio output.

Guys the decision is totally based on your inputs..i had always made my purchase with TDF only...Help me our geeks :)

Usage:40% for Movies and Series
30% for gaming
20% coding with eclipse
10% browsing

powerstarprince

In the zone
Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop - Value laptops from Dell
Would fit in ur budget, has a better gpu

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop - Value laptops from Dell
slightly costs more, has better proc and good gpu.

i5 is 15-20% better than the i3, 8730m is 40% better than 7670m

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
Narrowed down to two options:
Asus K55VD-SX313D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2314AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

Please share your thoughts.

Asus K55VD-SX313D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) or HP Pavilion G6-2314AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph)

Top Bottom