suggest a good mmo rpg

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
i burnt down my old pc and now stuck with a laptop with intel hd 4000 for 2-3 months,so i went out looking for some lightweight mmo rpgs to pass these months,i thought it's a good time to revisit runescape and the new version had come out recently,after playing for a week i felt i was not making progress as there are just simply too many things to do,then i tried drakensang which i absolutely loved but the community is almost dead and the same thing has happened with city of steam,so please suggest a good mmo rpg,
1)preferably browser based
2)if it's downloadable it should atleast run on a intel hd 4000
3)it's size must not exceed 2 GB-3GB,
pls suggest quick i am gameless now.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't play MMOs much, but you could try World Of Warcraft. If you don't want to pay subscriptions, then you could try Runescape, you can run it directly in your browser.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
RIFT is a good MMORPG from what ive heard and I think [MENTION=102842]doomgiver[/MENTION] here plays it..
Apart from that, you can try League of Legends or Dota 2, both are MMOs in the technical sense but are tactical arena based combat games..

ashs1

Padawan
Have you played ragnarok? its a pretty decent timepass game..
I used to be addicted to ragnarok.. Thankfully, I got over it. :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
+1 to League of Legends(It runs on Intel X3100 which is a 2008 based integrated GPU).
Size~3.2GB.
Pros:
1)World's most played game.
2)Skill based, not at all P2P
3)Better than DOTA 2.

2)Spiral Knights in steam or browser. Can be played in client AND browser
size~300MB
Fun pvp and pve.

3)Guild Wars 2.
Perhaps the best mmog RPG
cons:
18.5GB

OP
S

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
+1 to league of legends(it runs on intel x3100 which is a 2008 based integrated gpu).
Size~3.2gb.
Pros:
1)world's most played game.
2)skill based, not at all p2p
3)better than dota 2.

2)spiral knights in steam or browser. Can be played in client and browser
size~300mb
fun pvp and pve.

3)guild wars 2.
Perhaps the best mmog rpg
cons:
18.5gb

finally some sensible suggestions! Thank you!:)

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to League of Legends(It runs on Intel X3100 which is a 2008 based integrated GPU).
Size~3.2GB.
Pros:
1)World's most played game.
2)Skill based, not at all P2P
3)Better than DOTA 2.

2)Spiral Knights in steam or browser. Can be played in client AND browser
size~300MB
Fun pvp and pve.

3)Guild Wars 2.
Perhaps the best mmog RPG
cons:
18.5GB

sadly i don't like MOBA,i tried spiral knights but it's giving me technical issues like downloading all files each time i restart it even after i download all files and complete installation one time.
so guys i am open for further suggestions :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
sadly i don't like MOBA,i tried spiral knights but it's giving me technical issues like downloading all files each time i restart it even after i download all files and complete installation one time.
so guys i am open for further suggestions :)

Try Spiral Knights in steam. You won't need to download each time then.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Dota is 6gb but will work just fine on hd 4000, should easily give you 30-45 fps in fights but it's tough to learn, but once you get hooked you won't stop

Well if you havent played diablo 2 it's still a good game

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You know, you should try path of exile..
Its a modern day Diablo 2 clone and very intuitive.. I gave up on act 4, but it has lots of players and stuff to do, and im sure it will run on a HD 4000 just fine..
Give it a try, its free on Garena (130ish ping)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Star Legends (story, visuals, humor) or Arcane Legends (bigger community, active updates)
Browser based

doomgiver

Warframe
i'd say rift, but its horribly optimized and you'll have low framerates.

other than that, AION, lineage 2 are a good choice. i didnt like lineage 2, the ui sucks (but i've been spoiled by rift's ui).

aion is very good, its just taht there;s tons of gold farmers, so, "serious" players dont play much. its an awesome pasttime, tho. dungeons are cool, levelling is fun, and combat/pvp is well polished.

if your PC cant run rift, try aion.

spiral knights is 100% pay to win. any noob with a dollar will win over you, and you gotta farm HARD to get stuff :'( its cute and the graphics are awesome, but it just didnt "click" for me.

OP
S

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
RIFT works fine but the problem is it eats too quick in my FUP limit :-( gonna try POE not sure if it will run but what's wrong with trying, keep 'em suggestions coming!

doomgiver

Warframe
rift uses up your data limit?!?!!

i use barely 24-60 mb per day.

though the weekly updates are 100-200 mb in size.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
rift uses up your data limit?!?!!

i use barely 24-60 mb per day.

though the weekly updates are 100-200 mb in size.

Hey can you tell more about RIFT , want to try it . Playing Guild wars 2 from 6 months now , want to try different MMO .

doomgiver

Warframe
Hey can you tell more about RIFT , want to try it . Playing Guild wars 2 from 6 months now , want to try different MMO .

i tried GW2, but i just couldnt get over how repetitive it was (sorry).
i like competition, where i can say "yea, i did this faster than you and i have better gear to prove it!" GW2 didnt have that, sadly.

RIFT is a tab target mmo, like, you actually SELECT a target than fire off your skills (only a very small number of "offensive" skills can be cast without having a target).

Its among the best F2P mmo's out there.

ATM, if you're just looking for some timepass and a very good story, and with solid gameplay, give RIFT a try, its TOTALLY free.

If you;re looking to be a highly competitive (like me), then 25$ (or 1-2 months work) will unlock the only things needed for "serious" raiding.

If you're just into casual stuff, there's dungeons, PvP (its not really balanced, but its still good), old level 60 raids (the levelcap was incrased to 65 a month ago, but the old lvl 60 content is still challenging enough), old lvl 50 raids (its FUN to solo them, keep in mind they were intended for 10-20 people), tons of stuff to do, like crafting, artifact collections, loads of achievements (there;s an achievement for dancing with squirrels).

I'll also be honest : the level 60-65 grind is a bit long (on purpose, i think, to make you buy experience vials from shop). but dont worry, if you run out of quests, just do a warfront or dungeon, they give good XP.

Next is the gear.... starter level 65 gear is VERY easy to come by, and is good for most things, but atm, the gear grind is sortof long (roughly 2 items per week), but you can complement the gear by gear from other sources, like pvp, dungeons, chronicle (1 man dungeons, sort-of).

Lastly, the worst thing is ENVY. You'll be ENVIOUS of the guy with the glowing white horse, or the burning squirrel, or that epic wardrobe. (did i mention wardrobe? BEST thing in all of rift. totally customize your char;s look) and you can conveniently "unlock" these things by paying for it. But, you cannot buy top-level gear this way (THANK GOD!!!). So, if you got TONS of money, you can only buy cosmetics, and not be OP from shop gear.

also, DIMENSIONS!!!
The Dimension Touring Company | For RIFTâ„¢ Dimension Lovers
I CANNOT explain in words.... just see the pictures and be mindblown.

on the subject of wardrobes.....

1st 2 are mine, rest are others. actual in-game screens (some ppl use low quality render)

*i.imgur.com/zh1ISqo.png
*i.imgur.com/C9AnzOs.png
*i.imgur.com/oUJUNQl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/PaVx5ve.jpg
*i.imgur.com/RyKZ181.jpg
*i.imgur.com/arZ6vkU.jpg
*i.imgur.com/z2Wr0EF.jpg
*i.imgur.com/F9g7rin.jpg
*i.imgur.com/G2DdJTZ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/EYLV2E2.jpg

Attachments

• Hobomassacre1.jpg