Suggest a 500gb SSD

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
i'm running i5 2500k and z77 extreme 4. not sure if the mobo supports newer ssd types. i'll try to find out if it supports the newer types and check onlyssd.com for the suggested models.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i'm running i5 2500k and z77 extreme 4. not sure if the mobo supports newer ssd types. i'll try to find out if it supports the newer types and check onlyssd.com for the suggested models.
No, it doesn't supports any m.2 drives. A 2.5" sata SSD is your only option.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
No, it doesn't supports any m.2 drives. A 2.5" sata SSD is your only option.
thanks for the info. will look at the crucial mx500 or the kingston one. the mobo apparently supports nvme in a beta bios but not sure if i wanna risk it on a 8year old board

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
thanks for the info. will look at the crucial mx500 or the kingston one. the mobo apparently supports nvme in a beta bios but not sure if i wanna risk it on a 8year old board
ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

There is no physical m.2 slot available for nvme ssd. Your board can support it via PCIe to m.2 converter which can probably split the existing lanes into multiples of 4 for each m.2 nvme drive attached.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

There is no physical m.2 slot available for nvme ssd. Your board can support it via PCIe to m.2 converter which can probably split the existing lanes into multiples of 4 for each m.2 nvme drive attached.
cool. thanks goku.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
For ssd,always check onlyssd first as it is the ssd selling division of primeabgb. Their prices are usually the best among all sites & some models are exclusively available there.

i found primeabgb price less than what it showed on onlyssd when i purchased and even before that so i think it would be better to check both as anything bought from either is billed by primeabgb and packing etc. charges are same for both.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i found primeabgb price less than what it showed on onlyssd when i purchased and even before that so i think it would be better to check both as anything bought from either is billed by primeabgb and packing etc. charges are same for both.
First time hearing such a thing,will keep it in mind for future reference.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
First time hearing such a thing,will keep it in mind for future reference.

in the past, i always forgot onlyssd name so kept googling and reaching primeagbg. from there, i used to click on ssd section which redirects to onlyssd. during that period, primeagbg also had some ssd offer on its homepage. when i compared it with the one given on onlyssd, i realized this. the day i purchased it, there was around 100-150Rs. difference so i ordered it from primeagbg.

toofan

Technomancer
I save 2% on onlyssd.com by doing bank transfer. There is official discount of 2% on onlyssd. Com on selecting bank transfer. Also the shipping is free with them.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
MX500 500GB is 5300 on primeabgb and 4947 on onlyssd. seems to be other way around now.

might buy it from amazon which has a 5% discount with hsbc card

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I save 2% on onlyssd.com by doing bank transfer. There is official discount of 2% on onlyssd. Com on selecting bank transfer. Also the shipping is free with them.

that is also available on primeagbg

MX500 500GB is 5300 on primeabgb and 4947 on onlyssd. seems to be other way around now.

might buy it from amazon which has a 5% discount with hsbc card

so it would be better to check both at the time of buying

Top Bottom