Suggest a 500gb SSD

dexterz

Journeyman
Currently using a 120GB 840Evo to store my games but its quickly running out of space with games like Total war warhammer2 being installed on it. Thinking of getting a 480 or 500GB SSD. Budget is around 4~5k. Please suggest a suitable SSD.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Currently using a 120GB 840Evo to store my games but its quickly running out of space with games like Total war warhammer2 being installed on it. Thinking of getting a 480 or 500GB SSD. Budget is around 4~5k. Please suggest a suitable SSD.
Go with Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Get MX500, already own 850 EVO (equivalent to 860).
Both are exactly the same in performance.
MX500 is cheaper by 1.2k. Warranty might be a different story but both have 5 years..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Buy Online Crucial MX300 750GB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD CT750MX300SSD1 - in India

Crucial MX500, top SATA SSD, if you spend money on it, ~4.9k (cheaper than 860 evo for similar performance). For something cheaper Kingston A400 480GB (3.9k).

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
thanks for the suggestion guys. not too worried about performance as i'm just looking for better than hdd speeds in loading screens for warhammer, wow and few other games. using a evo850 250gb for os disk and performance similar to evo 840 would suffice for my games.
how is rma of kingston? i've used kaizen for corsair so have a pretty good idea about their service. never used kingston so far.
just to make sure, the 500gb should hold good for me to install 5~6 games of 50~60gb each right? or should i think about extending budget and getting a larger disk?

Happy new year to you and yours. Hope you all have a wonderful 2020.

thanks for the suggestion guys. not too worried about performance as i'm just looking for better than hdd speeds in loading screens for warhammer, wow and few other games. using a evo850 250gb for os disk and performance similar to evo 840 would suffice for my games.
how is rma of kingston? i've used kaizen for corsair so have a pretty good idea about their service. never used kingston so far.
just to make sure, the 500gb should hold good for me to install 5~6 games of 50~60gb each right? or should i think about extending budget and getting a larger disk?

Happy new year to you and yours. Hope you all have a wonderful 2020.
Not much idea about RMA of Kingston, but should be ok, they are a big brand after all. A400 will easily suffice for storage.

If you install big games like Destiny 2 & Red Dead 2, you will barely fit 4. Just do the maths. If you can extend to 8.5k, you can get 1TB ones, like 960GB A400, sometimes Crucial P1/Intel 660p 1TB (they need a M.2 NVMe slot). MX500 1TB has gone for 9k at times.

toofan

Technomancer
If your mobo has a nvme port then how is this
Crucial P1 500gb RS 4825.00
CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVME PCIE M.2 SSD

Crucial Mx500 gb M2 is also available at same price at Vedanta Computers.

As NVME is faster it would be a better option at similar prices.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If your mobo has a nvme port then how is this
Crucial P1 500gb RS 4825.00
CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVME PCIE M.2 SSD

Crucial Mx500 gb M2 is also available at same price at Vedanta Computers.

As NVME is faster it would be a better option at similar prices.
Go with Intel 660P 512GB NVME SSD as the endurance rating of crucial SSD is low compared with others of the same price range.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom