Sudden blue/green/purple screen of death with vertical lines

Sujoy84

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am having this problem for quite sometime. Mostly this happens when I browse net or play games (on loading screen only). Please help me. My configuration is: Intel Core2Duo E7200, Gigabyte G41MT-S2P, 8GB Ram, Sapphire 7750 Graphics Card, Seasonic 620W Power Supply. Thanks in advance.

OP
S

Sujoy84

You mean coloured lines or screen of death?

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I was wrong. Actually I think the screen is freezing. Once it happens, the computer doesn't respond to anything, not even Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Once it happens, the screen looks like this: 181347_642382807760_21904886_37014212_7548604_n.jpg24xoyg2.jpg

OP
S

Sujoy84

run pc without graphics card using onboard video to check if problem still remains.

I did that and there was no freezing at all. I have Sapphire 7750 OC edition card. I recently lowered the gpu and memory clock using AMD Overdrive. It has not frozen since. What does this mean?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I did that and there was no freezing at all. I have Sapphire 7750 OC edition card. I recently lowered the gpu and memory clock using AMD Overdrive. It has not frozen since. What does this mean?
Might be your gpu heating up or psu problem.

Try replacing it using warranty

OP
S

Sujoy84

I recently bought the power supply (Not more than 2 months). It is a Seasonic S12II Bronze 620 Watts Power Supply. I think it has more than enough power for my entire system.
When it freezes, it looks similar to these: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2.

Top Bottom