Sturdy and reliable laptop

Mudassir19

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget?
42000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" or 15"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Dislike: HP,Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Watching movies, moderate gaming and some basic office work...

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
The lappie should be able to play all the GTA's and devil may cry's and similar upcoming games for 3-4 years...I have had experienced two HP's rendered useless for gaming in less than 2 years due to heating problems...thus want a reliable lappie...I've shortlisted some of them...

1) Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com
Heard ASUS laptop's are sturdy and remain cool coz of the IceCool technology. I want ur opinion abt it...is it overpriced at 40k for an asus..?

2) Sony VAIO SVE14A15FN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 640GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com
Loved the black n red combo and d display...:-D...but is it good for gaming...?...This review...

Sony Vaio E-series (SVE14A15FNB) Review - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Reviews

It says the laptop has a "surprisingly low" unigine heaven benchmark of 16fps...is it that bad...?...does it means other i3 or i5 laptops with a radeon HD7670m give better performance in games...?

3) Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
Looks like an allrounder....but the review here...

Review Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

It says it has got "temperature issues" and gets warm...:-(

4) Dell New Inspiron 14R Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Ubuntu/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Could not get any reviews on this....it has ubuntu...can i install windows 7 on it...?

5) HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

This looks very tempting at the price...but i remain skeptical about the build quality and HP's heating issues....

Lastly I've listed only I5 processor laptops...do you think i3 3rd gen processors can satisfy my requirements...?...so that i can reduce my budget a lil...if yes plz suggest a laptop that fulfills my requirements...

$hadow

Geek in making
Dude in starting you said you disliked hp and then you shortlisted one
Never mind check out this one will save money and it will fulfill all your requirement. HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I suggest you dont buy A HD 7670M GPU laptop for now..
Wait 1 month more, some new GTX650M laptops are coming which may come for around 45K

OP
M

Mudassir19

Right off the assembly line
Dude in starting you said you disliked hp and then you shortlisted one
Never mind check out this one will save money and it will fulfill all your requirement. HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

I wanted to know if that hp laptop is reliable or not in the long run...

$hadow

Geek in making
I suggest you dont buy A HD 7670M GPU laptop for now..
Wait 1 month more, some new GTX650M laptops are coming which may come for around 45K
Does that means that sammy series 5 gt 650m will be in danger because they are always choice of budget segment.

I wanted to know if that hp laptop is reliable or not in the long run...
Use it carefully and you can get around 3 years life.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

Wow!!! That graphic card is equivalent to hd 7730.

1) What is your budget?
42000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" or 15"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Dislike: HP,Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Watching movies, moderate gaming and some basic office work...

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
The lappie should be able to play all the GTA's and devil may cry's and similar upcoming games for 3-4 years...I have had experienced two HP's rendered useless for gaming in less than 2 years due to heating problems...thus want a reliable lappie...I've shortlisted some of them...

1) Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com
Heard ASUS laptop's are sturdy and remain cool coz of the IceCool technology. I want ur opinion abt it...is it overpriced at 40k for an asus..?

2) Sony VAIO SVE14A15FN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 640GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com
Loved the black n red combo and d display...:-D...but is it good for gaming...?...This review...

Sony Vaio E-series (SVE14A15FNB) Review - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Reviews

It says the laptop has a "surprisingly low" unigine heaven benchmark of 16fps...is it that bad...?...does it means other i3 or i5 laptops with a radeon HD7670m give better performance in games...?

3) Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
Looks like an allrounder....but the review here...

Review Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

It says it has got "temperature issues" and gets warm...:-(

4) Dell New Inspiron 14R Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Ubuntu/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Could not get any reviews on this....it has ubuntu...can i install windows 7 on it...?

5) HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

This looks very tempting at the price...but i remain skeptical about the build quality and HP's heating issues....

Lastly I've listed only I5 processor laptops...do you think i3 3rd gen processors can satisfy my requirements...?...so that i can reduce my budget a lil...if yes plz suggest a laptop that fulfills my requirements...

Boy this is best.

Top Bottom