aji

Right off the assembly line
My Laptop config AMD R7 6800H
RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
16GB RAM
512GB PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD
My Purpose is recording 4K video @ 60fps
The laptop struggles recording at the highest quality using OBS
So i made changes in the settings and made the GPU utilisation around 80 and it's working fine.
But sometimes the video become choppy

Any Help , thanks in advance

DestGod

Journeyman
My Laptop config AMD R7 6800H
RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
16GB RAM
512GB PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD
My Purpose is recording 4K video @ 60fps
The laptop struggles recording at the highest quality using OBS
So i made changes in the settings and made the GPU utilisation around 80 and it's working fine.
But sometimes the video become choppy

Any Help , thanks in advance
What do you need to record?

Mobile RTX 3050 is not a powerhouse, and 4k 60FPS definitely needs better hardware. Best you can expect is 1080p 60FPS or 4k 30FPS.
4k 60fps content is still not widespread anyway.

Make sure you're using the Nvidia NVENC HEVC encoder in OBS,.

Reactions: aji

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Are you recording games ? If its just windows UI, your laptop should be enough. But for games you cant even expect to play at 4K60, forget recording.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you are trying to record 4k60 gaming clips, RIP your laptop. 3050 is meant for 1080p gaming primarily and 1440p for some games, source: *www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3050-Laptop-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.513790.0.html

OP
aji

aji

What do you need to record?

Mobile RTX 3050 is not a powerhouse, and 4k 60FPS definitely needs better hardware. Best you can expect is 1080p 60FPS or 4k 30FPS.
4k 60fps content is still not widespread anyway.

Make sure you're using the Nvidia NVENC HEVC encoder in OBS,.
Yes using NVEVC , i thought 3050 was more than enough ,after looking at the requirements of Elgato 4K 60S+
Also the device can record itself using it's own hardware (on memory card) Even a small device can do that, But why this laptop couldn't

{ Elgato Game Capture 4K60 S+ - System Requirements
  • Operating System. Windows 10 64-bit.
  • RAM. 8GB or more.
  • CPU. Intel - 6th Generation Intel Core i5 CPU (i5-6xxx) or better. AMD - Ryzen 7 or better.
  • GPU. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10xx or better.
  • USB Port. USB 3.0 port. }

OP
aji

aji

If you are trying to record 4k60 gaming clips, RIP your laptop. 3050 is meant for 1080p gaming primarily and 1440p for some games, source: *www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3050-Laptop-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.513790.0.html
yeah i guess so ,RIP

OP
aji

aji

Are you recording games ? If its just windows UI, your laptop should be enough. But for games you cant even expect to play at 4K60, forget recording.
Not Playing , just recording , 4K 60 fps at above average quality without shuttering is possible .. But at high quality no gaurantee , out of 10 videos one goes bad.
Highest quality Recording = No Way

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So you mean to use your laptop as a makeshift capture card? Still a 3050 is not a very powerful card and I highly doubt you'd get the quality you expect.

DestGod

Journeyman
{ Elgato Game Capture 4K60 S+ - System Requirements
  • Operating System. Windows 10 64-bit.
  • RAM. 8GB or more.
  • CPU. Intel - 6th Generation Intel Core i5 CPU (i5-6xxx) or better. AMD - Ryzen 7 or better.
  • GPU. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10xx or better.
  • USB Port. USB 3.0 port. }
That isn't the system requirements for capturing a 4K video. Not sure why Elgato gave it like that. Most likely, it's the recommended system requirements for optimal pairing with a capture card. If you can do away with 1080p recording, use a simpler capture card from Amazon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom