Stream movies to TV from mutliple devices

wwwescape

Journeyman
Stream movies to TV from multiple devices

Hi,

I've got 2 TVs at home and multiple devices, a couple of Android smartphones and tablets, laptops and a PC. What's the best way to watch movies stored on these devices on the TVs. Are there any smart sticks that can be connected to the TVs USB / HDMI ports?

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi,

I've got 2 TVs at home and multiple devices, a couple of Android smartphones and tablets, laptops and a PC. What's the best way to watch movies stored on these devices on the TVs. Are there any smart sticks that can be connected to the TVs USB / HDMI ports?

Regards,
Eric

avoid smart sticks etc
id recommend the WD TV live series,apple tv(can be used with android as well but WD is better in more ways)
chromecast isnt worth it imho
i own an apple tv 3,WD TV Live HD media player,chromecast and a Roku
i find myself using the WD and apple tv more often
i use my nexus 5,nexus 7,ipads,android tabs,lumia 720,lumia 820 etc very often with my WD using Play To aka DLNA
even if its a bit pricey on amazon its totally worth it and will not disappoint
the companion app on android and ios is WD Remote ,for windows and windows phone,its inbuilt and is called play to
hope i helped :)
ohh and i forgot to mention,the companion apps can be used as a full extension of the WD TV (keyboard,touchpad,app selector-FB,Youtube,Netflix etc)
also WD allows any hard drive connected to it to be used as a NAS drive so you can use ES file explorer(for android-havent found anything else for android) ,for ios and WP pretty much any nas drive reader should work
even works like a network drive for windows pcs

Top Bottom