strange problem with CMOS battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
i m having a strange problem.
whenever i put the CMOS battery on the motherboard and switch on the UPS the power led glows, the processor fan revolves for a second or two and then stops & nothing happens and the system does not boot. when i remove the battery all is fine and the system boots with default bios settings.
secondly it happens that my hard disks starts making annoying noises and stops working. hearing the sound gives the feeling that the platter of the hard disk revolves for a second and stops and again after som time revolves and stops. this happens either at system start or in middle of the working after complete boot up. but at other times the whole system works fine.

i m having a intel 915 gav motherboard BIOS updated to 22 feb 2006 p4 3.0GHz HT enabled 512 MB RAM and 80GBPATA+80GBSATA+160GB SATA HDD

this problem is from last 2 months

sashijoseph

In the zone
Get a new cmos battery.
The hdd thing.....does it happen with any one specific drive(out of the 3).If so you may want to backup your data,coz it's on it's last legs it seems.

shantanu

Technomancer
anand : what i said meant the same.. try not to spam the forum with these kind of posts just to increase your post count.. . not deleting your message , so that you remember it the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom