Right off the assembly line
I just bought a new system and assembled it. The specs are,
AMD64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 RAM,
ASUS A8NE Motherboard,
GeForce 6200 128MB (with TurboCache),
ASUS DVD ROM, Samsung CD-Writer,
Win XP Pro (SP2),
Blah Blah...

The problem is, the ASUS Drive is not able to read CD's and is very slow reading DVD's. I tried the same drive at my friend's place and it worked. The strange thing is that the same drive works outside windows in my system (such as when installing a new OS) . :? . The CD-Writer reads CD's, but when writing, it gives a Power Calibration error, and exits (I use NERO6 OEM Version). I tried changing the IDE cables, but to no avail. The only cause I could think of is the Mobo has a 24pin power connecter, whereas the SMPS (350W) came with a 20pin one.
Help please...anyone faced this problem?

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
please try Nero Registry Checker Check Registry and try updating your ASPI drivers download

more about Power Calibration Error
www.pioneeraus.com.au said:
DVD-R and DVD-RW disks themselves have information written on them, within this Media ID code there is information that the drive uses to calibrate itself to the disk, when a drive first starts to write to a disk it will burn a small amount of data to a calibration area on the disc, using the calibration information in the Media ID code, and then try to read back the data that it has written. If it cannot be read, then disk will be ejected and fail with a power calibration error.

A power calibration error is normally caused by problems with the media. Should you be experiencing problems with your drive or the media, we recommend that a disk from a good quality manufacturer be used to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom