Stock Android in the lowest budget

Samsung will give android pie on august 2019 for M10 and it may not get Android Q.

Yes,Asus M2 is lot better than M10/M20 but backside is made up plastic
I'd prefer plastic over glass, at least I can carry it without a case. I rarely drop my phone but still, I use a case because the back is glass. Most Indians use a case, so really it doesn't matter what the back is (metal would be great). Companies found a good spot to cut some cost IMO (Poco has plastic back as well & many reviewers did appreciate the cost cutting approach).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,
Finalized M10 because of the tighter budget and mainly because the person for whom it is for won't use it for gaming. So, no good camera, ota's needed just good old browsing, yt, social media apps. Finalized the 16gb, 2gb version. Any idea when is the next sale?
P.S. I wasn't able to find anything about the dual 4g though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can tell you that 16gb just doesn't cut it nowadays,same is the case with 2gb ram.One needs to do some serious space cleaning & juggling between apps.Out of that 16gb only expect ~5gb of "usable space".

Hi Guys,
Finalized M10 because of the tighter budget and mainly because the person for whom it is for won't use it for gaming. So, no good camera, ota's needed just good old browsing, yt, social media apps. Finalized the 16gb, 2gb version. Any idea when is the next sale?
Feb 19, but 2GB RAM is definitely not enough for Samsung Experience UI. I'd say maybe 3GB would work well, still 4GB is a safe bet. Dedicated SD card slot will help with storage for sure. The Amazon listing states Dual VoLTE, so no issues.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,
2GB RAM is not enough get atleast 3 GB

I wouldn't be so sure.Just keeping whatsapp media itself is a challenge(I don't remove whatsapp media to card as I prefer keeping them in their original context of messages) not to mention increasing size of many apps.
My old phone had 16GB internal & I was fine with it by keeping just apps in internal. Free space was ~11GB. This was about 1.5 years ago, with increasing app sizes it will require some app management for sure. I used to keep whatsapp as never download media & I still have the habit of deleting 95% of pics/videos after seeing it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Must be a stock android/similar rom.A typical zenUI M rom(non-rooted) takes around 9-10gb of space out of 16gb internal space leaving only ~5gb for everything else.As for apps,just one paytm app currently takes ~240mb.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @anupam_pb @Minion
Thanks brothers. The person is switching from a button phone. Has no knowledge besides calling/texting/YT and WA. Won't be clicking much photos, updates won't matter to him. He was telling me to find a phone till 5k but I wasn't able to find any good one.

Top Bottom