Steam - are there any free games?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am about to fix-up a Ryzen based rig. I have never actually installed Steam before.

For now as I am totally out of finances, I just want to play some free games. Can I do it on Steam?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Yes.

Steam Search

Access to social stuff will be limited though on a new account. You need to spend 5$ equivalent to get full access.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I created an account today. The kind of FPS games I am interested in are not free. Eg. original Far Cry.

I will look into buying one or two on deals and see.

Thank you.

I created an account today. The kind of FPS games I am interested in are not free. Eg. original Far Cry.

I will look into buying one or two on deals and see.

Thank you.
Don't expect games like FC to go free in steam unless ubisoft gives it away (they gave away AC3, AC4, The Crew, FC3 Blood Dragon for free in past but in uplay).

There are several free games in steam that are good, like DOTA 2, Warframe, Path of Exile, EVE Online, Warface, etc. You might not like some of them, but they are all well rated & popular.

You can buy Just Cause 3, Tomb Raider &/or Rise of Tomb Raider during the on going sale to get full access to steam (almost).

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I understand. Right now I have Alan Wake. Also GTA IV but I have to search for its DVD.

I will look to buy some during sales such as Deus Ex Mankind Divided that is on sale at 99 Rs now.

Anyway I also do not have much free time now so these will be enough to keep me occupied for months.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
^ DXMD requires pretty good hardware to run. You can get human revolution though. But remember that it's not a typical FPS game like far cry. It's an immersive sim.

Top Bottom