Starfield

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I really wish Bethesda made the decision to actually take off and land on planets, like you can do in Star Citizen. It is truly amazing, and one needs to see it in action to understand it.

So far, the closest competitor to Starfield seems to be The Outer Worlds. I think in terms of explorability, bethesda wins but story and writing, Obsidian hands down be better.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So far, the closest competitor to Starfield seems to be The Outer Worlds
Star Citizen too, has better exploration with realtime take-off and landing from/on planets.

The Outer Worlds nailed the exploration and writing IMO but sucked in gameplay mechanics since it was for the most part a junk picking simulator, plus there was ammo everywhere. At one point I had collected around 12000 ammo without even buying more and that lasted me the rest of the game. But storywise it was pretty good and characters were pretty memorable. It's not anywhere close to New Vegas though.

gameranand

Living to Play
I really wish Bethesda made the decision to actually take off and land on planets, like you can do in Star Citizen. It is truly amazing, and one needs to see it in action to understand it.

So far, the closest competitor to Starfield seems to be The Outer Worlds. I think in terms of explorability, bethesda wins but story and writing, Obsidian hands down be better.
I thought Star Citizen is not released. When did that happen?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I got back to it again and it runs okayish now. When I joined during invictus week (F2P week), the servers were crashing constantly. Its a bit better now.
I also upgraded RAM to 32 GB, runs much better.

Darth Vader

In the zone
Star citizen is snake oil scam product. Do not mention in this thread, its an insult to Starfield or any other game that is actually getting a release.

Star citizen is snake oil scam product. Do not mention in this thread, its an insult to Starfield or any other game that is actually getting a release.
Agreed. It has been in alpha/beta for so long that its almost feels like a scam to me. They do generate a lot of hype & raise enough money to keep them afloat, time will tell what happens to them.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Does it have any significant bugs? I know Bethsoft games are notorious for it but I haven't really watched much gameplay of this one.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
It is very hard on the gpu even 4070ti gets only 60-65 fps on high settings at 1080p.
3060 getting 30fps only on native.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Does it support DLSS? There are a few mods that enable DLSS for this game IIRC. This might allow you to squeeze out a bit more performance out of it.

DLSS vs FSR, I doubt there's performance gap but DLSS is said to have a slight visual advantage (not noticeable for most).

I'm appaled by the performance numbers of this game.

Surely the below benchmarks were from a relatively intensive area in a forest, but still, my 3070 can't do 60fps at 1080p medium. These are w/o FSR which is by default enabled on game's presets, which is a shitty move as well.

1693834254593.png

1693834277544.png

1693834300832.png

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Reminds me of Fallout 4's performance at launch. I kind of expected this, which is why I didn't buy this game on day-1.

If we wait for a year or so, someone will probably make a mod to optimize meshes and textures to help us squeeze out some performance.

Reminds me of Fallout 4's performance at launch. I kind of expected this, which is why I didn't buy this game on day-1.

If we wait for a year or so, someone will probably make a mod to optimize meshes and textures to help us squeeze out some performance.
I have the itch to play it tomorrow, let's see how it goes on my i5 12400 + 3070.

Top Bottom