Stabilizer for refrigerator

quicky008

Technomancer
i live in an area where voltage fluctuations are commonplace-voltages dip and spike randomly from time to time throughout the day.

I have a lg 190l fridge which is supposed to have built in protection against voltage fluctuations(90-310 V)-is it adequate for handling the voltage abnormalities that occur frequently in our area or should i go for a separate stabilizer to be on the safer side?

if i were to buy a stabilizer for my fridge,which one would be the most reliable?While searching online,V guard stabilizers kept popping up frequently - i might have bought a v-guard unit but decided against it after reading some disquieting reports about V-Guard's owner's involvement in brutal stray dog culling in Southern india:

Kerala businessman Chittilappilly defends Rs 5 lakh offer to stray dog killer group

In the event that buying a stabilizer becomes necessary,are there any other products/brands which are reliable and offer good protection against voltage fluctuations?If yes,please advice.

(ps-my budget is around 1.5k)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you need a voltage stabilizer for fridge nowadays,on the other hand you do need it for expensive & delicate electronics products like AV receiver,LED TV etc or heavy duty product like AC. In my opinion you should look at an entire home inverter like *www.amazon.in/Microtek-1125Va-Hybrid-Sinewave-Inverter/dp/B06ZZ6TXS5/ You will also need to purchase battery(which you should be able to get cheaper at local stores) but this setup will be more useful in the long run.

Top Bottom