SSD upgrade???

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi evil_maverick,
I'd say It all depends on your budget. SSD is expensive, however, they are worth every penny. The difference between Samsung 840 Evo and 850 pro are in terms of performance and technology. Samsung 850 pro is based on V-NAND technology and have better IOPS, as compared to the Evo models.

The biggest difference that I can find though, between Samsung 850 Pro and Evo is the warranty. The Samsung 840 Evo models come with 3 year warranty and Samsung 850 pro model comes with 10 year warranty.

For ease of mind and if you don't have the budget problem, Samsung 850 Pro would be my suggestion.

Hope this information helps.

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
I will be shifting the topic here a little.. Have scrapped the idea of an ssd upgrade for now.. Coz i dont think i will see a massive change in performance by adding an 850 pro... But since i have been bitten by the upgrade bug now.. And have already an xtra 8 gig ram to the existing 8..and the next step am planning is to add another r9 280x to the existing one.. Getting a used sapphire r9 280x for arnd 14 k.. But the prob is I gotta get a new mobo with two pcie 16x slots.. My mobo is asus a5m97 le r 2.0 which has one pcie 16x slot.. So which mobo to go for and will it be worth the upgrade??? By the way the processor is fx 8320..

Top Bottom