SSD and RAM required

dixit8611

Journeyman
Hello guys.
I am looking for improved performance in adobe photoshop 2014 and Corel painter 2015.My current config is,
AMD 955 BE proc,Hyper TX3 cooler,Gigabyte 460 watt PSU,ASUS 88G mobo, Corsair XMS3 4GB RAM,integrated HD 4200 graphics. (Just sold my 6850). Currently whenever i load any digital painting with multiple layers corel painter hangs up for some time. When i opened resource monitor i found that entire 4 GB RAM was full.
My RAM is CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 and i want to pair it with CMV4GX3M1A1600C11. Please advice as i will save 800 RS if i do so. I selected this samsung ssd
Lastly my friend has told me that Nvidia card will be helpful in photoshop rendering. Is it true ?
Thanks.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Stick with that SSD and add a 4GB stick....Nvidia card is helpful when it comes to after effects n stuff... Not sure about Photoshop though

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
Stick with that SSD and add a 4GB stick....Nvidia card is helpful when it comes to after effects n stuff... Not sure about Photoshop though
Thanks for the reply. Actually my question was whether i can pair the two RAM which i mentioned above. Moreover i want to know if samsung ssd was best in this range and if Nvidia card helps in photoshop rendering or not ?

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Yes u can pair those two RAMs and Samsung evo is the best in that range..... As for ur last qn I am not sure though

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Pair ram with same cas latency and speed. You have cl9 and you are choosing cl11? Get the cl9 one.
Samsung evo is good. You can go for it. PhotoShop supports Opencl(provided you are using the latest version) where amd card performs better than nvidia.

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
Pair ram with same cas latency and speed. You have cl9 and you are choosing cl11? Get the cl9 one.
Samsung evo is good. You can go for it. PhotoShop supports Opencl(provided you are using the latest version) where amd card performs better than nvidia.
What difference will it make ? Will it not work ? Just asking.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
There might be some instability issues ,depends on the ram too. But cl9 ram will/should be running at cl11 latency.
It is recommended to pair ram module with same speed and same latency.

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
There might be some instability issues ,depends on the ram too. But cl9 ram will/should be running at cl11 latency.
It is recommended to pair ram module with same speed and same latency.

As far as i know faster RAM will slow down but there will be no instability issue and i don;t think there is any real world difference between C9 and C11. Correct me if i am wrong.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
If your current cl9 ram can run at cl11 without BSODs, you may not face much issues. Google for more details. You will get your answer,I think :)

Top Bottom