Speed issues

I bought a samsung galaxy star pro around a month a half back, and I started to notice the phone had lots of speed issues right from the beginning. At first I thought it's normal of a low budget phone to act up like this but my friends said it isn't supposed to hang so much.
So I wanted to know what should I do about it, i.e., do I take the phone to the shop from where I bought it and demand a new piece or do I get it rooted and/or get cyanogen mod installed in it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I bought a samsung galaxy star pro around a month a half back, and I started to notice the phone had lots of speed issues right from the beginning. At first I thought it's normal of a low budget phone to act up like this but my friends said it isn't supposed to hang so much.
So I wanted to know what should I do about it, i.e., do I take the phone to the shop from where I bought it and demand a new piece or do I get it rooted and/or get cyanogen mod installed in it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Samsung Galaxy Star Pro is garbage...

Check to see if Samsung has provided a software update patch for the phone... a lot of times these patches can improve performance by fixing bugs...

Also, if any of your friends has that phone, exchange yours for theirs for a couple of days to test... You will know if your phone really is faulty.

If you are on a low budget, it is better to buy a Karbonn or Micromax or Spice with some decent specs rather than buying a piece of crap from Samsung...

solanky

Broken In
These cheap phones from Samsung are crap, at least for speed and performance. I daily see my friends struggling even with Grand :)

solanky

Broken In
I just checked it has only 512 MB ram. This should be the main reason for slowness. Price is over 5000, horrible.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Forget Cyanogen, i doubt you'll even have custom roms for that POS. try to return that back in exchange for a Moto E/Redmi 1s. not recommending Android One phones.

OP
R

rawatsiddhant1

Broken In
Returning might not be possible for the phone so I'm looking at patches as my one and only solution.
Where do I look for patches online and how exactly do I go about the processes of installing it?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
actually i am in the same problem too damn my old nokia 5230 just got crashed and my family said i needed a new phone.So when i was out my father bought me a star pro and i was so sad because i new i could have got a much much better phone with that price or so. but the thing is the phone is not that bad for mild usage but it has awful battery and no 3g but not a problem for me because i live in hostel so mainly use hostel wifi.

tinamalik

Broken In
Yes dear Samsung galaxy star pro has problems in memory sector. 512 MB is the main reason for it being sluggish

Top Bottom