Sony TV shows or display half size only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreeux

Movie Buff
My Sony TV-KDL-32W674A suddenly shows or display half size only...Any Idea..?

What to do...Need suggestion to repair or replacement.

*i.imgur.com/E8He3Bq.jpg

Minion

Conversation Architect
It was occasionally come and go...As of now fine.

If repair...how much will cost..any idea? what are the parts will affect to replace?

I think display cable is loose though I have no idea how much Sony will charge you for the fix.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I think display cable is loose though I have no idea how much Sony will charge you for the fix.

ok...But I was tried various cable also play video via USB...The same problem occurred.
Let's see how it will work..!!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It was occasionally come and go...As of now fine.

If repair...how much will cost..any idea? what are the parts will affect to replace?
I just saw 2 videos that corrected your problem by a weird solution. The links are below:

Note: I may be wrong but at least try once.

Last edited:
OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I just saw 2 videos that corrected your problem by a weird solution. The links are below:

Note: I may be wrong but at least try once.

Thanks for suggestions.......

But I saw both videos...In that video, the half-size display was blurring or slight color changing with black more with waves.

In my TV, the display was the completely cut aspect exact ratio of half size of the TV....like covered with blackboard or panel. Also, there are no pixel grains or noise.

Next time I try with some light hit... let's see what will happen...

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
After several enquiry with technicians and Authorized center, Every one suggest panel replacement and some of them said Repairable. So I take chance send to service with local cost of 3k.

After 2 weeks TV shows same display extra lines...check below image.

*i.imgur.com/b16rPWe.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ctg8rrx.jpg

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
After several enquiry with technicians and Authorized center, Every one suggest panel replacement and some of them said Repairable. So I take chance send to service with local cost of 3k.

After 2 weeks TV shows same display extra lines...check below image.

*i.imgur.com/b16rPWe.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ctg8rrx.jpg

I don't how long this will work...Now hectic to watch

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
30k is not enough for 43 inch tvs and please don't consider mi tvs
Mi has good features..
Compared to others also cheap...Any reason?

I choosed because of using Redmi Note 3 past 2 years...not facing any problem.

Pls suggest budget model

Minion

Conversation Architect
If you are planning to get this one Mi LED Smart TV 4A 108 cm (43) Online at best Prices In India

then I would say go for it but if you are planning to get 4k one from mi then I strongly suggest against it.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
If you are planning to get this one Mi LED Smart TV 4A 108 cm (43) Online at best Prices In India

then I would say go for it but if you are planning to get 4k one from mi then I strongly suggest against it.

Me too choosed that 43 inch 1080 only.
Any one got this TV in our forum members? How is review?

Most of them reviews are.good in Online.

Why you against 4k model in MI?
Not worth...or any cheat specifications?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
43 inch model has no Bluetooth. Also, I saw in a video that don't open the box and set it up yourselves. It has something to do with their terms and conditons, warranty something like that. Mi installation engineer will come and set it up

I don't think it support chromecast as well. Due to lack of Google Play Services, Netflix might not work right as well. A few apps in that league.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Me too choosed that 43 inch 1080 only.
Any one got this TV in our forum members? How is review?

Most of them reviews are.good in Online.

Why you against 4k model in MI?
Not worth...or any cheat specifications?
4k one costs 45k and spending so much on a relatively new brand is not recommended. I would spend that money to get something from Sony, LG or Panasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom