Sony Dvd writer showing yellow exclamation mark in device manager

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i have Sony DRU190A DVD Rewritable Drive

it is installed on win xp 32 bit os

mine problem is there is no drive letter displayed in windows explorer or any other place
like D drive or E drive

it is showing yellow exclamation mark in device manager

whenever i uninstall and then click detect hardware change i can see dvd writer icon in explorer but
then after rebooting pc it the driver letter for dvd writer goes away & yellow exclamation mark never goes

i tried finding drivers for sony DRU190 A but cant find anywhere
yes i have latest fireware 190A_1.65 but that is fireware where to get drivers to remove exclamation mark
i tried finding it but every website i found on google redirects to dead link

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A DVD writer don't necessarily need a driver to install. But you are using grandpa's XP. So it might need it.
Check the DVD writer on other PC, to eliminate the hardware issue.
Then make sure that the power wire and SATA are correctly plugged in.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
A DVD writer don't necessarily need a driver to install. But you are using grandpa's XP. So it might need it.
Check the DVD writer on other PC, to eliminate the hardware issue.
Then make sure that the power wire and SATA are correctly plugged in.

it was working correctly on other pc
it is ide not sata dvd writer
how to remove yellow exclamation mark and why it is not displaying driver letter
when i uninstall and install again the drive letter comes for some time

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

1. From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
  2. Right-click the device in the list.
  3. Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
  4. After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
  5. Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.
done this but not helpfull for error code 39

also i can ping google site but when i type it in internet explore it dont conect to site why
thats why i cant update device driver from net
i restored internet explorer settings but still cant connect to net but i can ping google site

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Check if the DVD drive is detected in BIOS. From a friends PC purposely burn a Live Linux CD/DVD and try booting from it using the same faulty drive. If it works correctly then you might have a corrupted driver files on Windows XP. Even if you have Windows XP CD try booting it thru the same faulty drive and check if it boots. If so, try to repair XP Installation. It might correct the issue.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Check if the DVD drive is detected in BIOS. From a friends PC purposely burn a Live Linux CD/DVD and try booting from it using the same faulty drive. If it works correctly then you might have a corrupted driver files on Windows XP. Even if you have Windows XP CD try booting it thru the same faulty drive and check if it boots. If so, try to repair XP Installation. It might correct the issue.
it is detected in biod
it is even detected in windows explorer if i uninstall and reinstall from device manager
even i can read dvd from the drive and it shows all files of the dvd
then in few mins drive letter goes away

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) this is error code i get in device manager

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
XP is a dead OS,at least update to win 7.Instead of trying various solutions & wasting time you can also reinstall XP as it is clear that issue is with XP & not hardware.

Top Bottom