Sony A7III lawsuit in USA : shutter defect bricking camera

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
*petapixel.com/2021/03/27/sony-sued-class-action-lawsuit-says-a7-iii-shutter-is-bricking-cameras/

The A7iii has been notorious for being both one of the best cameras and the one with a crazy high failure rate of the shutter. Seems so many years later someone is doing something about it

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

imcj

Broken In
I have experienced this defect once in my A7III. I was totally scared as my A7III is now out of warranty but after trying very hard for an hour or so the defect seems to have subsided. If they win in America we all should file a lawsuit in India as well.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Their products are usually rock solid overpriced

Edited:

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
This one is rock solid as well, expect for this shutter issue its been an absolutely amazing canera

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Find me one comparable camera manufacturer which offers a better-performing product at the same price point and having similar physical dimensions. That rules out all the DSLRs, so you have only got mirrorless bodies to compare.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Find me one comparable camera manufacturer which offers a better-performing product at the same price point and having similar physical dimensions. That rules out all the DSLRs, so you have only got mirrorless bodies to compare.
i missed to see your reply earlier. my bad.
And apologies for being ignorant and generalizing all the Sony products. I have edited the comment above.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i missed to see your reply earlier. my bad.
And apologies for being ignorant and generalizing all the Sony products. I have edited the comment above.
It's all good. In India most Sony products are priced at a premium over their peers, which is why their mobile phones division failed.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It's all good. In India most Sony products are priced at a premium over their peers, which is why their mobile phones division failed.
yeah. same was for laptop as well. These two I am familiar with, along Sony TV which are again costlier than other brands like LG. Hence I generalized :ashamed:

Top Bottom