Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed

heidi2521

Padawan
Platforms: PC/PS3/XBOX360/WIIU/3DS/PSVITA

Been playing this. Originally bought as something to play while I waited for Mario Kart U, but i must say this game has impressed me. I was expecting this to be another b-grade product like (sony franchise) Karting, but it turned out to be much better. Although a lot of it is directly "influenced" by Mario Kart(firework & green shells, drone & red shells, hotrod & bullet bills etc.) it is better than Mario Kart Wii when it comes to a few things like item balance. No more pesky undodgeable blue shells. You can avoid the equivalent, the Bee Swarm with some very skilled driving. It takes MK7s air transformation and ups the ante by adding water transformation. Best of all, the game doesn't use Rubber Band AI.

Would recommend.

Roster:

*i.imgur.com/5qCRl8x.png
Screenshot because i am too lazy :D

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I just bought this game yesterday , it's a very good racing game. The "Transformation" mechanic sets it apart from the other Kart racers (notably Mario Kart). The vehicles have their own physics models for Land , Air and Sea modes.

It's also nostalgia if you're familiar with Sega's characters. You also have characters from Team Fortress 2 and even Ralph (from Wreck-it-Ralph).

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
I just bought this game yesterday , it's a very good racing game. The "Transformation" mechanic sets it apart from the other Kart racers (notably Mario Kart). The vehicles have their own physics models for Land , Air and Sea modes.

It's also nostalgia if you're familiar with Sega's characters. You also have characters from Team Fortress 2 and even Ralph (from Wreck-it-Ralph).

Dem Panzer Dragoon tracks.

Mario Kart 7 had transformations before this, you know. Sega(or rather Sumo Digital) took the concept and made it better by learning from its mistakes and adding the boat transformation.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Dem Panzer Dragoon tracks.

Mario Kart 7 had transformations before this, you know. Sega(or rather Sumo Digital) took the concept and made it better by learning from its mistakes and adding the boat transformation.

Yeah but iirc , the physics were the same for the different transformations in MK7

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Split Screen is only available if another player joins in locally through a controller. It's a very simple jump in/jump out system.

Top Bottom