Some Graphic Designing queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I am a n00b in graphic designing. I have some queries regarding designing, please try to solve them. :)

1) I am attaching an png image with this thread. After opening it you will notice a grey circle over a black square. Now I wish to remove the black areas and retain just the grey circle. How should I do it? In simpler words, crop the black portion from the image.

2) Suppose I create a 100*100 pixel square in Irfanview with a blue background. Now I wish to round it's edges. How to round the edges of the image? In my case, how to round the edges of the square? Again after rounding the edges it(portion outside the rounded area) should not appear black when I paste them somewhere.

3) I would like to give a transparency effect to a solid(having a solid colour like blue or black) image. How to do it?

I have photoshop 7, Irfanview and GIMP.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I can't see that image. May be some problem on my side! Anyway I'll give you the general solution:-
1> Use the magic wand tool in photoshop to select the black part ONLY and let it rip with the eraser or press delete.

2>Don't know anything about Irfanview, so can't help with that!

3>In photoshop, create a new layer. Transfer that solid square onto that layer. Now, modify the layer's properties to set a low Opacity level or just move the Fill slider.

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom