Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A new upcoming title from Frictional, the creators of Amnesia and Penumbra. A sci-fi horror game called SOMA.

„Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
- Philip K. Dick

SOMA is a sci-fi horror game from Frictional Games, creators of the groundbreaking Amnesia and Penumbra series.

Coming to PC and PS4 in 2015.

The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.

Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.

The only way out is to do something unimaginable.

Here's a gameplay teaser :

Official homepage : SOMA

Last edited:

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
^^developers have created great games on past so looks promising the teaser
loved Amnesia-The Dark Descent game few years back. hoping they do some great work on it and yeah this game is worth looking forward for.:)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Some screenshots :

*www.somagame.com/gfx/gallery/awakened.jpg

*www.somagame.com/gfx/gallery/chamber.jpg

*www.somagame.com/gfx/gallery/the_walls_live.jpg

snap

Lurker
The Developers of Amnesia: The Dark Descent are Preparing to Terrify You Again on the PS4 with SOMA| Exclusive Interview | OnlySP

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
SOMA enters beta. New Screenshot released:

*e5c351ecddc2f880ef72-57d6ff1fc59ab172ec418789d348b0c1.r69.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/BGw_E3CK7YXB.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Soma enters beta with new screenshot - PC Gamer

Edit:

*0cb8dd5d2dc142d08f0f-eb3b436d25971e5860b39e72b0600342.r94.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/DEVopWk0LSPe.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Release date revealed: 22nd September 2015.

The blurb says:

The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.

Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.

The only way out is to do something unimaginable.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I can confirm it is real! It's fully functioning. This is a GOG release, so there is no DRM. It runs at a solid 60 fps on my machine (GTX 750Ti , i5-4670S) on high settings. I have to keep Vsync enabled, otherwise there is very noticeable tearing. The game has keyboard and mouse support, you can change mouse sensitivity and you can rebind the controls. You can enable subtitles. The game runs stable so far with zero crashes. The graphics are not spectacularly beautiful, but they are OK for a 2015 game. Overall, this is definitely a recommended download. I suggest you buy the game after trying it out and liking it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
What are first impressions about gameplay?

The game really gets under your skin, has much more intelligent, subtle, and sticking with you more horror than Amnesia or Penumbra did, and the game has an amazing story where I don't want to spoil for people about to play but the game is surprising, in many ways.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Started playing myself and holy **** the tension is thick.

In typical Frictional games fashion you have no weapons, you can only avoid the enemies. Story blows my mind.

Top Bottom