[Solved] Xbox 360 controller for windows, Genuine or fake?

hss0899

Right off the assembly line
I bought a Xbox 360 controller for windows from flipkart, seller: SHOPSSTREET.
The box seems original, but-
1)No CD
2)No Inline cable release
3)Serial no. not matching on box and on controller.
4)less vibration
5)original hologram but tilted a bit.
6)Short Cable.
I am attaching some pics. Please help fast, I have 10 days only.

PS. NOTICED A STRANGE USB ONLY INDICATION(LAST IMAGE)

Sorry, I was unable attach the images properly, here are some google drive links.
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rREwzaTZoRVM2NnBUX2x6UkNEemtPQVA2RWRV/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rbVJPODhSWGVKa0JFdmZUcTNoU0JYdkVlQ2tj/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rM1YxY25tTWtWbWZEa2xwSzRCN09lVzBfTDRF/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rc2NsT0lUV08xXzNaWWdyblpCZlVBdFFhbUk4/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rVnlNT1p5dFdfOVpPVno5djVQSEtFYXNyNWVR/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rVTlfZjZZbHJkRzdWSWlkY1RpQlI4cWd2M0Q0/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rOXlyWXZLZGRYTFVQS1ZqZWNvSy1KdXlzQk13/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rMzE2cENvX1R1N3N2UU1GOF9nR0V4WldDb0JJ/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rWjVIdGUwLXpNSkkxT05MZk1YTmxjYnRkWTNr/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rWXV4V0NFMHFueDgyR0p0c2NwZFB3MmRPTklZ/view?usp=sharing
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WD88GSCF2rWS1VdlZTV2E0ZFZVY3FXcE40d3psUzNIZDRZ/view?usp=sharing

Things to check, courtesy @Nerevarine :
Here is a list of things that every ORIGINAL controller must have :
1)Inline wire breaker
2)Original PRESSED DVD .. Pressed DVDs are non replicable
3)Green LED must be solid bar green glow, not bright in the center and faint in the edges
4)The Hologram should be original

Last edited:
OP
H

hss0899

I have requested replacement on Flipkart.
They really need to check on their sellers

gameranand

Living to Play
BTW that Hologram is fake. That is how I recognized that its a fake, I just saw the first image, didn't even bothered to saw other ones as I knew its a fake.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It will be better if the sherlockians here post the valid reasons before drawing to the conclusion. Will be helpful for others too.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Here is a list of things that every ORIGINAL controller must have :
1)Inline wire breaker
2)Original PRESSED DVD .. Pressed DVDs are non replicable
3)Green LED must be solid bar green glow, not bright in the center and faint in the edges
4)The Hologram should be original

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
fake. the fake one always have a tilted logo and the green light is just very low and cheap looking.. You can tell that its fake without even turning it on, the triggers on the fake are pretty loose and do not provide the trigger feel while the original one are tight and have a nice pull without any hesitation

OP
H

hss0899

i too got a fake one from flipkart! that too with seller having flipkart advantage badge!

just go for REPLACEMENT, not for return. They wont replace it and will return the money. If you go for return directly, they would reject it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I finally found a solution to this dilemma.
There is a seller on Ebay, RAS Computers. He has 99.2% positive feedback, and is selling genuine controllers. Buy it from there, using coupon 10EBAYDEAL to get 10% off. The price is 2138 for no COD. He is taking Rs. 50 for COD. I think the Money is worth it.

Top Bottom