Sold an item on eBay, how safe it is for me as a seller?

@vi

Journeyman
I listed my iPhone 4, as pick up only. But some bugger from Rajasthaan has ordered it now. My location is Bangalore and now I am thinking to whether to ship or not.

I have sold on eBay, but never costlier than 3-4K. Now I am thinking whether to take risk or not.

I don't have much of buyer details, he's been member since 29-Apr-2014, so far has two 100% feedback as a buyer. However I don't have any details of the items he bought.

Things I am worried about:
1. He could show a pic of soap and say I never sent a phone (sounds stupid, but possible)
2. He could say some accessories are missing
3. He could say phone is not working/defective piece.

What to do? And also, it's a new seller account. So I don't think I could get ebay powership. So I am interested to know how does eBay protects new sellers.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I sold my Moto X to a buyer who was a member for 2 months on eBay, had one positive feedback and one negative. Now I am not a Power Seller either, so I was actually sceptical about the transaction.
Anyway, had to ship it, but just as I thought, mother****er filed a guarantee claim, mentioned five points, won't waste time by mentioning them all, but just one of them were I didn't send him Flipkart's invoice (physically), I laughed hard, anyway.
Later eBay emailed me, asking me to provide resolution for the buyer, and I answered all the questions, in very bold and harsh language, called him a scumbag and all that, but I was sure that eBay would force me to take the phone back, as clearly eBay is not a sellers place, but buyers. But for whatever reason later when eBay called that ******* he cancelled the claim request! I still don't know why! Maybe he's not an *******, but just a dumb****, don't know, can't say.

I have no intention to tell this tale of mine, but just thought it won't hurt. All I can say is that go with your feelings. If the buyer is an ******* then it'll be a nightmare. 2 positive feedback are nothing. He can do a lot of things, claim the item is damaged, some accessories are missing, this that...but if you are clean then I don't think you'll have a problem. I mean something is there involved when you are saying the truth and the other person is lying, maybe that's what happened with my case, again, can't say for sure.

But as you are saying you don't have a good selling profile, that's not really a good thing. So my advice will be to stay away, unless you don't give a damn about the product/deal. I for one will never sell anything to any newly registered member, no ****ing way.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It's the same story. Buyers suspicious of sellers on eBay. Sellers suspicious of buyers on eBay.

Just relax and send it through a good courier and pay a bit extra for insurance. May be record a photo of you packing it just to be safe.

Personally, my experience on eBay has been great. I've ordered only a handful of times in 2 years, but whatever I've ordered, I have received. And I've always given 5 stars with a "great seller, prompt delivery" sort of comment. In return, I've also received "great buyer, valued customer, would love to deal again" sort of comments. lol.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Avoid ebay. Their policies are projected against sellers.

I have sold 25+ items there and got 3 false ebay guarantee claim against me. Although all 3 were settled in my favour and negative feedbacks were removed. but it caused mental harassment. I no longer sell stuff on ebay because of this.

All 3 claims were raised by n00b buyers with less than 5 feedbacks who assumed that all products sold at ebay are brand new and didn't read item description before ordering. Once i told them to read item description again, they started claiming other issues (hdd full of pron, dead hdd, scratched body etc)

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's better to sell via OLX or QUickr to local buyers. Interested parties can also come to your place and inspect the product first hand before buying if you agree to it.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Thank you all for replying. I don't know why I did not receive reply notifications.

as of now I have cancelled the transaction. And buyer also agreed to it. We didn't communicate and he simply agreed.

I have listed on OLX, but getting ridiculously low offers. 4-5K. Lol :p

- - - Updated - - -

Well I sold...
Interesting and I am surprised ebay favoured you. and thanks for the suggestion, will keep in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same story. Buyers suspicious of sellers on eBay. Sellers suspicious of buyers on eBay.
couldn't agree more :p

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you not sell it on OLX?

yea, OLX and Quickr would have been much better.

I did list them :-/

- - - Updated - - -

Avoid ebay...
Thanks for the advice :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's better to sell via OLX or QUickr to local buyers. Interested parties can also come to your place and inspect the product first hand before buying if you agree to it.

I do agree OLX is better and convenient, but lots of lowballers.

Top Bottom